Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2014 2:46:44 PM EDT
Can anyone verify the legality of shipping an 1860 E Whitney BP revolver to Sweden?

I have one on an auction site and was asked if I will ship to Sweden.  I have been told ( by the buyer) that since it was made prior to 1890 it is legal there without the normal license.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Nevermind,  I found my answer using google translate within the Weapons act 1996:67

§ What is said about firearms does not apply
a) salute guns that can not be charged with gas tight unit assemblies,
b ) firearm that was manufactured prior to 1890 and not intended for gas-tight unit cartridges,
c ) bolt pistols for construction work;
d ) other working tools for slaughter or for industrial or similar use, and
e ) delay devices intended for life-saving or similar purposes. Act ( 2006:386 ) .
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#2]
It's perfectly fine to ship it to Sweden.

A lot of people collect antique cap-n-ball firearms since they're not regulated here.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's perfectly fine to ship it to Sweden.

A lot of people collect antique cap-n-ball firearms since they're not regulated here.
View Quote

Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top