Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2016 6:59:53 PM EDT
So, the new guys, Rocky Mountain, sure did a good job of promoting.

Place was JAMMED!

NMGCA will surely take note that Abq will pay a 10 buck admission.

There was supposed to be a $2 break for Sr citizens and active Leo, but everyone was getting hammered the full hit.

The promoter brought a lot of vendors never seen here before, but lots of local guys were there as well. Looks like it will be a success, and expect more locals to show up when they come back, and I'm sure they will.

Much less flea market crap than Silver Spur, or even NMGCA for that matter, but still a bit of jewelry and skin cream vendors, jerky  guys were making a killing!

A Patio cover guy and a window replacement guy- never saw that before- the patio guy gave up and went shopping. Window guy was actually doing some business.

Crowd had a different feel, not as many of us old guys looking for $100 shotguns, younger, more "hip", and damn they were buying, right and left.

Fairly reasonable prices, best priced AR was new polymer lower ARs for $499.95!

AKs are bringing a huge premium right now, most were Paps or Wasrs- $998 for a "pre-ban" under folder Wasr?

As Rocky Mountain had promised, lots of Ammo at not too bad prices.

.22 lr all over the place, mostly 12 to 20 cents/ round, most of it in the higher range.

Prize drawings from time to time (you have to enter at a table in the back room).

Nice feature, they had tables and chairs set up in the back room for people that just need a break, or for fat bodies to sit and eat more shit.

This show is more of a professional promoter (think national show car circuit).

Highlight was some crazy old bastard pulling a pig sticker on people, telling them variously how he took it off a NVA officer, or the officer's buddy, and how he couldn't ever sell it seeing as how he got it killing someone, but if someone fell for the story(ies) I bet $50 bucks would take it.

Worth the time? Not really, although I had a good time with a buddy I've been going to these things for 35 yrs with.

Warmer weather did bring out some very handsome young ladies, so there's that too....

Tab and scores: Bought nothing.

Breakfast for 2 at Perea's- $22.50
Tip-                                     $5.00
Parking -                            $ 5.00
Admission-                         $10.00

I've had worse days..........

Edit to add- hand stamping, if you wanted to go outside, for a smoke, or just to get some fresh air, was a UV ink, not visible unless you lit it up.
Nice touch.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
12 - 20 cpr for 22lr is horrible pricing
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Never said it wasn't.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the report, I've always looked forward to your reports in the past.
I'm just glad we didn't have to break in a new guy as reports of your demise were obviously premature.
Keep up the good work and keep an eye out for good deals on hemostats.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the report, I was curious how these Rocky Mountain guys were gonna do. Not too shabby it sounds like.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for the report, I've always looked forward to your reports in the past.
I'm just glad we didn't have to break in a new guy as reports of your demise were obviously premature.
Keep up the good work and keep an eye out for good deals on hemostats.
View Quote

Thank you for all of that.

Thought I was yelling at clouds (never stopped me though....)

Got 2 hemostats holding wiring on the F650 GS right now.

And used one to fish wiring for wall mounting my wife's tv just tonight.

Glad I've never had to use 'em for what they're meant for.....

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Still getting it at Walfart for 5 cents a round.  

It takes a little work, but it can be acquired.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're one of the ones lined up at 5am
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#9]
My report on the recent fun show...was that its wasn't much fun for me at all.  

they had one door open letting people in, but you had to get a ticket from the other door on the other corner of the building.

Once there a Hawker kept yelling that there 3 lines.  they weren't and if you went where he said to go you lost your place in line.

I didn't see anyone get a hand stamp to get back in.

The promoter changed the table aisles , this created mass confusion and wad hard to navigate.

The ammo wall was jammed, I don't bother as SGammo and PSA had better pricing. from their posting high on the wall.

I told an promoter employee that I would not attend another show if they came back.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rumor that ammo comes in at a set time is bullshit.  They put it on the shelves at different times of day. All depends on when the truck arrives, separation of department goods, etc.
Knowing when it shows up is the key to acquiring it.  Requires a little research (Yes, Matt, I do some work, but it is all on a keyboard and mouse) to know what store is getting what.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I went to the show as well.
One thing i noticed was the 2 separate lines, one for tickets, one for entry. A lot of people got in the entry line, before getting a ticket in the ticket line, and we turned out at the door to wait in the ticket line. Lots of pissed off people.

Very lively show.

There was some guy that had a bunch of NV rhino mounts and the like, he didnt know what they were, bought several handfuls of ratchet NV mounts for next to nothing.

Other than that, I didnt find anything. A lot of new/newer stuff was for sale. I was actually looking for a FAL bayonet, no luck.

Cool show. None of them are really "worth" going to anymore, just something to do. Been going to shows my whole life, not stopping now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top