Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2015 9:17:25 PM EDT
Already posted it the GD forum

Thank God, that she can see the writing on the wall, just hope she will not cave

NO to syrian refugees

SANTA FE, N.M. —New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez says she's opposed to the Obama administration's plan to accept any more Syrian refugees until there's a clear plan in place to properly vet and place them.

Martinez made the comment Monday as several U.S. governors threatened to halt efforts to allow Syrian refugees into their states in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks in Paris.

Martinez, the nation's only Latina governor and a leader within the Republican Governors Association, says the top priority should be safety.

The Obama administration recently pledged to accept about 10,000 Syrian refugees. Governors in many states are responding to heightened concerns terrorists might use the refugees as cover to sneak across borders.

Government statistics show the U.S. has taken about 2,150 Syrians since October 2011 -- most in the last year.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Immigration policy is set by Federal government.  Once a terrorist, er, I mean a refugee is granted 'refugee status', they can freely move about the country and terrorize, er, I mean live wherever they want.  The R governors who are doing this probably know this, but are posturing for more votes.  We, the people, are the ones who need to stand up and fight to keep Obama's Hijrab from happening.

I am betting Black Friday will be our second 911.  This will bring another Patriot Act, eroding our rights even further.  Probably giving Obama the 'common sense gun laws' he so desperately wants or setting up a Civil War.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, that's better than welcoming them with open arms. Strange times we live in folks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with the above. Just posturing and nothing is going to stop them. If something like the Paris attacks happens here in the US then I think things will get ugly for everyone.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, that's better than welcoming them with open arms. Strange times we live in folks.
View Quote

Ancient Chinese curse:  May you live in interesting times.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Isnt this the same governor that pretty much made our drivers license invalid by allowing illegals getting issued them?
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Isnt this the same governor that pretty much made our drivers license invalid by allowing illegals getting issued them?
View Quote

Every year she has tried to stop illegals from getting licenses but every year the representatives shoot it down and keep allowing them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top