Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2015 12:24:49 PM EDT
Hello all. Does anyone here know of a good cheap course/ instructor for obtaining an AZ CCW license in Albuquerque? I really like the idea of a longer ccw w/out refresher courses . I would prefer a class that would also handle fingerprinting and such but at this point I am just looking for info. Any information will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi from a former AZ CCW instructor.

By AZ law, all AZ CCW classes must be taught within Arizona.  

FWIW,

Mike
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hi from a former AZ CCW instructor.

By AZ law, all AZ CCW classes must be taught within Arizona.  

FWIW,

Mike
View Quote

It's a good thing you're not a current AZ instructor since you're ignorant of the law
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
OP -- AZ's CCW training requirement can be met a variety of ways.  As an example, if you are a veteran, a copy of your DD214 will suffice as meeting the training requirement.  Also, if you've ever had a CCW in any state before, that trng will suffice.  Sorry I don't have a copy of the actual requirement were this is spelled out but it was on the instructions that the AZ CCW folks mailed me when I did my CCW permit through them.  I just scanned in a copy of an old NM CCW to meet the trng requirement.  

IMHO, AZ's CCW process is a MUCH better process than NM's, as well as being MUCH cheaper over time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OP -- AZ's CCW training requirement can be met a variety of ways.  As an example, if you are a veteran, a copy of your DD214 will suffice as meeting the training requirement.  Also, if you've ever had a CCW in any state before, that trng will suffice.  Sorry I don't have a copy of the actual requirement were this is spelled out but it was on the instructions that the AZ CCW folks mailed me when I did my CCW permit through them.  I just scanned in a copy of an old NM CCW to meet the trng requirement.  

IMHO, AZ's CCW process is a MUCH better process than NM's, as well as being MUCH cheaper over time.
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Letter N #6 explains that another state's CCW, even an expired one, is good enough as long as it meets the criteria.

http://www.azdps.gov/Links/ARS/?l=13/03112.htm
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for the information. This new (to me) information is very promising.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 2:56:10 AM EDT
[#7]
http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/Permits/Obtain/

That is the website to get all your information and applications mailed to you.  I just sent mine in, as I see no reason wasting 50 rounds of ammo and paying someone another $50 to sign a document and send it to NMDPS for another 2 years.  I paid that shit at my two years, and refuse to do it again.

My wife and I went through NMCarry(dot)com (Gilmore Firearms Training) for our initial concealed carry training.  He wanted to extort another $100 to sign a copy of the Arizona concealed carry paperwork.

I am not playing New Mexico's game any longer.

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/Permits/Obtain/

That is the website to get all your information and applications mailed to you.  I just sent mine in, as I see no reason wasting 50 rounds of ammo and paying someone another $50 to sign a document and send it to NMDPS for another 2 years.  I paid that shit at my two years, and refuse to do it again.

My wife and I went through NMCarry(dot)com (Gilmore Firearms Training) for our initial concealed carry training.  He wanted to extort another $100 to sign a copy of the Arizona concealed carry paperwork.

I am not playing New Mexico's game any longer.

View Quote

Well stated, this is exactly my line of thinking also.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I just heard that NM DPS is reviewing reciprocity and will most likely take a stance similar to Colorado - non-resident permits from other states will not be recognized for NM residents.

Anybody know the validity to this?
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just heard that NM DPS is reviewing reciprocity and will most likely take a stance similar to Colorado - non-resident permits from other states will not be recognized for NM residents.

Anybody know the validity to this?
View Quote

I hope that isn't true.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 3:18:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I already have a NM CCW, do I need to send in finger print cards, also?  I received the packet today, and it had the application with two cards in it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If I already have a NM CCW, do I need to send in finger print cards, also?  I received the packet today, and it had the application with two cards in it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, they still need prints. From what I hear they never get run or looked at but they just get put in a box in a warehouse
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes, they still need prints. From what I hear they never get run or looked at but they just get put in a box in a warehouse
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank Gawd I've been wearing disposable gloves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top