Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2015 12:17:03 AM EDT
Anyone have a Form 1 or Form 4 signed off recently by either APD, BCSO, or the NMSP Chief?  Last time I checked (late summer) nobody was having anything signed.  Just curious if this is still the case.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry no I've used a trust for NFA items, but I am interested in hearing who will and who will not sign off on these in the ABQ area.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#2]
$59 for a gun trust here:  http://www.gearhog.com/?did=68596
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I havent heard of anyone signing off on them recently.  I think a trust is the way to go.

MAHA
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 12:29:49 AM EDT
[#4]
After reading this thread I did a search on what has to be engraved.  I could not find any agreement in any threads.  Seems people fill their forms out different also.
I have done many forms the original way and it was simple.  The trust route seems four times harder with no official word from the BATF on how to do things.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Sooooo....basically once/if 41P is enacted there will be no new NFA items for folks in Albuquerque?  I agree trust is the way to go right now, but it appears we have a problem in the future if sign off is req'd.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 1:52:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Saw this on one of the swap pages.

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:48:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Can you provide a link to that - what are the other comments?
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#8]
If you have facebook, do a search for "Abq / Gun Swap" and join the group. It's a closed group so you won't be able to see anything unless you're part of it. There weren't any comments worth mentioning that I remember.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you have facebook, do a search for "Abq / Gun Swap" and join the group. It's a closed group so you won't be able to see anything unless you're part of it. There weren't any comments worth mentioning that I remember.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#10]

wrhk43 -  The info's out there on what needs to be engraved on the receiver and also about what needs to be on the paperwork.  It's pretty simple really.  The only thing I found tricky when building an SBR (using an existing receiver) was how to calculate the OAL ( I later found this info also).  Here's an example of trust engraving (and no, that's not my trust, but it looks just like that with a different trust name):

Henry Trust

Albuquerque, NM

What else do you want to know?  I've answered a lot of questions (as have others) in the main threads on this subject at this website.  Ask away, there's plenty of knowledge here.

Now if you're buying an existing SBR or suppressor, no engraving is necessary.  I'm sure your FFL/SOT will help you with the paperwork.  I can tell you what to send in if you don't already know.   Then you WAIT for a lot of months (but my last 2 suppressors and SBR ONLY took about 5 mos!)  So if you want one to hunt with this fall, start now.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#11]
If you are using a Trust, I understand you can e-file and turn around time is currently about a month.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#12]
My understanding is you can E-file the form 1 but not the form 4. If anyone knows something different, speak up.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:09:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My understanding is you can E-file the form 1 but not the form 4. If anyone knows something different, speak up.  
View Quote

This is correct. EForm 4 are rumored to be online sometime this year. No exact date.

MAHA
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 1:42:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This is correct. EForm 4 are rumored to be online sometime this year. No exact date.

MAHA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAHA

I think I read toward the end of 2015 somewhere on the aft site when I was poking around before and after sending in my 3 Form 1's! That is really going to suck because I want a supressor but am unsure if I am going to be able to afford one before May! I want the surefire socom from calibers... Anyone know of a cheaper source locally? Lmao does anyone do a layway deal since I won't be able to bring it home for 4-6 months? Lol having a family makes it kinda tough!
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Any reason for the surefire can?  They are expensive but not the best out there. YHM has great stuff. I have their Ti can in 30 cal. Also look at the saker and specwar. Both are newer and are doing well. Take a trip over to the suppressor forum. There is a lot of info there.

MAHA
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Omni Arms will do payments while you wait on your stamp.

MAHA
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:41:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice... An I prefer giving business to an arf member. Bad and his crew are good people. I may be stopping in to see them soon.

ETA they do class 3/silencers?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Yup they do.

MAHA
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#19]
87% of our customers love us!

-Lee
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top