Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2014 9:22:37 AM EDT
Come to find out she is a firm supporter to allow conceal carry in the classrooms and on campus. Finally found an educator that isn't delusional.

Question: Say I were to be elected mayor or part of the town legislative and had the support to pass such a law would it be worth it or would Santa Fe (state gov't) try to shut down?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:32:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Come to find out she is a firm supporter to allow conceal carry in the classrooms and on campus. Finally found an educator that isn't delusional.

Question: Say I were to be elected mayor or part of the town legislative and had the support to pass such a law would it be worth it or would Santa Fe (state gov't) try to shut down?
View Quote

If the answer is SF would shut it down, would it dissuade you from running for office?

The legislature in SF is Liberal
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:34:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If the answer is SF would shut it down, would it dissuade you from running for office?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wouldn't dissuade me at all. I'd just want to make that there isn't a law in the state constitution that would disallow me to override a state law at the local level. I know there would be fierce opposition (much how Gov Walker of WI was union busting ). My thinking on this topic is having abunch of local municipals write similar laws. Almost similar to having most of the counties allowing gay marriage but on the local level.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I believe that's state law and very unlikely to be changed. You should still run, at the very least we could use some more flavor in local politics.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah I believe that's state law and very unlikely to be changed. You should still run, at the very least we could use some more flavor in local politics.
View Quote

Before I run for anything I want to be established and best way for that is getting some jobs created. Much easier to run that for my platform
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#5]
My best to you

Quoted:

Before I run for anything I want to be established and best way for that is getting some jobs created. Much easier to run that for my platform
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#6]
For the people by the people. If you feel the call to politics, go for it. There's no reason everyday citizens can't run.

On the teachers carrying, I don't have a problem with that. Some probably do already. But in general, I doubt the majority of parents would be in favor of it. I think it would be a better idea to have it someone's job(s) to be a security professional. Trained to respond, specifically, responding with a lot of kids around. Teachers are teachers. Not saying they can't respond. But I think a teacher with CC or a regular CC citizen should use a firearm for immediate defense of themselves or others. It could cause problems to have a teacher trying to clear a room or rooms attempting to "respond" to something like an active shooter. Sure, better than nothing but no where near as good as someone trained to do so.

That could also cover the creating jobs part of your platform.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:20:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For the people by the people. If you feel the call to politics, go for it. There's no reason everyday citizens can't run.

On the teachers carrying, I don't have a problem with that. Some probably do already. But in general, I doubt the majority of parents would be in favor of it. I think it would be a better idea to have it someone's job(s) to be a security professional. Trained to respond, specifically, responding with a lot of kids around. Teachers are teachers. Not saying they can't respond. But I think a teacher with CC or a regular CC citizen should use a firearm for immediate defense of themselves or others. It could cause problems to have a teacher trying to clear a room or rooms attempting to "respond" to something like an active shooter. Sure, better than nothing but no where near as good as someone trained to do so.

That could also cover the creating jobs part of your platform.
View Quote

Quite a few of my mid and senior high school teachers were Korea and Vietnam vets.  I know some of them did carry as I saw their guns.  Didn't bother me any, this was 70s and 80s.  Doubt they could get away with it now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top