Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 3:20:12 PM EDT
I don't know them. Also any tips for the before during and after of the sale to cover my butt?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I ask to see a New Mexico drivers license and then I get them to sign a bill of sell. I use a bill of sell that ask the normal are you a felon questions. That way they have to lie to me to get a gun illegally. It is more than is required but it makes me feel better about the deal.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:08:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Bring gun, receive money, relinquish gun, go your separate ways.

As simple as that.

If someone can show me one case where a seller was saved from prosecution of a private sale to a prohibited individual due to the fact that the had a bill of sale then I may change my views.

Been asking for this evidence for years, never had someone prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:37:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As simple as that.

If someone can show me one case where a seller was saved from prosecution of a private sale to a prohibited individual due to the fact that the had a bill of sale then I may change my views.

View Quote

you never had a bill of sale?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As simple as that.

Not once. I refuse to sign one as well. My CHL and DL are good enough to prove I'm legal.

My only exception to this is when I buy/sell C&Rs. Then I'm required to get info due to my C&R FFL.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not once. I refuse to sign one as well. My CHL and DL are good enough to prove I'm legal.

My only exception to this is when I buy/sell C&Rs. Then I'm required to get info due to my C&R FFL.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As simple as that.

Just curious if I was buying one off you and didn't have a CHL would you still sell (or anyone with only a DL)?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I've bought many guns on Jason's and sold a few myself without a bill of sale.  I think two guys asked me to sign one which I did.  I'm perfectly happy either way.  I've sent guns to FFLs using only a copy of my DL.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't do bills of sale. When I sell a gun via Armslist or something, I generally just do it via email--

"Hey man, so we're meeting up at XXX at XXXX:PM. Alright, so by agreeing to meet me you are telling me that you aren't a felon, haven't been convicted of DV, aren't a drug user, aren't a fugitive, and aren't crazy. Right?"

They're usually okay with that. A lot of people refuse to sign a bill of sale but they will confirm the above in an email (which I don't typically delete).
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Never did a bill of sale either. Have done a few trades and sales. Have a couple up for sale now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Cash and carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top