Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2014 3:53:28 PM EDT
I have just moved here and am looking for a rifle range within an hour of Taos, nm. I have explored the link listing ranges and
the closest I have found is 2 hrs away,

Anyone know of anything closer?

I have a black rifle with new optics I would like to site in

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess the Los Alamos gun club is the one 2 hours away?

I'm in for answers cuz I'm new as well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:43:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you looked at a trip to the Whittington center?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!

That may end up being the closets at 2 hrs,  I am still hoping that Ill find a guy local who will lease out range time for beer and cigars
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:13:05 AM EDT
[#4]
You know you have all of Carson National Forest...I have taken my bench out to the area between Post Office Road out in Carson & US 285. Head south from the Carson PO.Find the power line road, near Forest Rd 556  ) take it west, many places that are flat and you can see your impact area. Out near Cera Azul mtn. To the west is US Hwy 285. Just watch for cattle once in a while. People hunt out there so I know you can shoot. Get a forest map.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top