Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2017 10:48:16 AM EDT
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170328/arkansas-urgent-action-needed-to-oppose-anti-gun-bill

Senate Bill 724, an anti-gun bill which undermines some of the key advancements made with the passage and enactment of House Bill 1249, could be considered by the House Judiciary Committee as early as today.  It is imperative that you contact members of the House Judiciary Committee IMMEDIATELY and urge them to OPPOSE this bill!  Let them know that law-abiding gun owners in Arkansas deserve to enjoy the benefits of House Bill 1249!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:13:22 AM EDT
[#1]
On Drive Time Sports radio and the local ESPN radio they were saying that it would require the Razorbacks to be kicked out of the SEC if we allow guns in sporting events.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:00:25 AM EDT
[#2]
If the folks on drive time really knew what they were talking about, they would know that several other schools are still in the SEC even though it is legal to carry in their stadiums.  Drive time radio host folks aren't smart enough to research what is true and what is made up.  I'd be willing to bet there have been folks carrying legally and illegally in stadiums in Arkansas for some time and again no one knows about it because it is out of sight and out of mind.

The media in Arkansas and out of state are working overtime to scare the politicians into adding restrictions to the campus carry law.  Pay attention to who votes against your carry rights so that maybe you can vote against them in the next election.  The NRA needs to remember that too when they grade these politicians.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:40:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting. I was unaware of there being lther schools. Everyone seems to think this will be the death of Arkansas athletics. Sportball is a very polarizing issue.

A link

I found the above article interesting. No schools wanted to allow concealed carry. I suppose they were fine with leaving people defenseless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top