Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2017 6:30:01 PM EDT
Like the title says, where is the best place to shoot?
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Handguns?  Sturms in Springdale (weird hours, be warned)

New place in Rogers called Parkers Range, haven't tried it.

Rifle?  Hobbs St Park if you are daring.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Ozark Sportsman Supply in tontitown
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Handguns?  Sturms in Springdale (weird hours, be warned)

New place in Rogers called Parkers Range, haven't tried it.

Rifle?  Hobbs St Park if you are daring.
View Quote

Parkers is a little nicer than Sturms but they are strict with rate of fire.

Sturms is the place to go.

There's Hobbs State Park for an outdoor range but I heard it's real sketchy there. The lack of ranges are disappointing.

You can shoot rifles indoors at Ozark Sportsman. 35 yards I believe.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#4]
waldrop range at lincoln 100 to 1000 steel targets
outdoor range $30 a shooter
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't go to Hobbs alone.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 6:18:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Parkers is the only place I'll go anymore.  I don't really do mag dumps, but they've never questioned my rate of fire. Would love to have Hobbs to myself, but I don't think I'm that lucky.

Ozark Sportsman started putting a magnet to my ammo, so no more AK (at least with my ammo). Up until then, I just couldn't shoot green tip, which wasn't a deal breaker until I showed up with my AK and they sent me home. That's when I found Parkers. I really like that place.  The only bad part is you're standing, but I can usually get good support leaning with a bipod when I'm sighting in a new rifle. That's what was nice about Ozark Sportsman, you could sit down, but the targets dance around like crazy sometimes.

I've never been to Sturms, but I've heard good things.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I like Parkers and Ozark Sportsmans.  This fucker is at Hobbs a lot.

Link Posted: 1/12/2017 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've pulled up to Hobbs three times now, looked around without getting out of my car, and decided to go back home.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Parkers has a rifle range right? Do they allow steel cased ammo? I want to shoot an AK specifically.

What about Ozark sportsman's rifle range, do they allow steel cases?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 7:50:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I live about 5 miles from Hobbs, only stop occasionally in the morning on my way to work to fire a few and pick up a little brass. If there's more than one vehicle I turn around, if I saw the guy with the mask I'd definitely keep my eye on him, wth
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Parkers has a rifle range right? Do they allow steel cased ammo? I want to shoot an AK specifically.

What about Ozark sportsman's rifle range, do they allow steel cases?
View Quote

Parker's does have a rifle range, and they've never asked about or checked my ammo.  Tell him you're shooting an AK, he will want you to aim towards the bottom half of the target.  I bring my targets and tape them to the one target you get with the range fee.

I'm not sure about steel case at Ozark Sportsman, but they will put a magnet to your ammo.  My AK ammo (brass case) didn't pass.  That's when I found Parker's.  The rifle range at Ozark Sportsman is small, and the lines tend to bounce around.  I like their pistol area though.

The only downside to Parker's IME is that you pay for an hour, and if people are waiting, you get kicked out after an hour.  I wasn't given the option to pay for two hours, I've never asked.  I've been there when nobody else was, and they never bothered me, I shot for well over an hour.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#12]
So Hobbs sounds sketchy. I haven't been there yet. I have an awesome work schedule and have some weekdays off every week. I was thinking of stopping there tomorrow early just to check it out.

If I go there early on a Tuesday am I still going to have to deal with the shady characters?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So Hobbs sounds sketchy. I haven't been there yet. I have an awesome work schedule and have some weekdays off every week. I was thinking of stopping there tomorrow early just to check it out.

If I go there early on a Tuesday am I still going to have to deal with the shady characters?
View Quote

Hobbs is a crap shot on if it will be a good or not so good experience. Once you get there take a real hard look at the holes in the ceiling and then turn around back towards the parking area and look at the holes in the roof supports....
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 12:16:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hobbs is a crap shot on if it will be a good or not so good experience. Once you get there take a real hard look at the holes in the ceiling and then turn around back towards the parking area and look at the holes in the roof supports....
View Quote

This is true.  However, on a weekday, in the morning, you can sometimes get lucky there and have the place to yourself for a bit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#15]
^^^ thanks. Sucks there's no real good places to shoot long guns. Guess Ozark sportsman is the best option. Head there right now to see if they have an M&P 2.0 to buy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#16]
When did Hobbs get so sketchy? I used to shoot out there in the 2002-05 time frame and it never seemed that bad, but I was never solo either.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Don't go to Hobbs alone.
View Quote

QFT

It used to be okay but the last time I was there some young buck and his girlfriend were acting like idiots.  I had the range all to myself and they showed up as I was about to walk down to the 100 yard line and swap targets and setup on the lane next to me.  When I started walking back I saw them finger fucking his AR.  He set it down on his bipod, loaded a mag, and sat down and started aiming it down range right at me.  I was still about 50 yards out and yelled at him to put the gun down and step away from the bench.  He just sat there looking through his scope.  I yelled at him one more time and his girl slapped him on the shoulder and he finally got away from it.  

He almost got to find out if I was accurate with a pistol from 50 yards away.  I honestly thought he was going to start shooting.  He apologized when I got back and I just loaded my shit up and left.  But not before I told him he's an idiot and needs to learn how to handle a gun before he tried showing off to his girl again.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Do we still dislike Thor in Van Buren?  I keep getting emails from them about their range.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Strong dislike for Thor here
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top