Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2016 12:55:44 PM EDT
Been out of the loop for a few years due to life. Any recommended FFL to use for out of state transfers in NW Arkansas area?
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:07:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Which town?
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:28:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I use JT Armory in Lowell. Nice, friendly folks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which town?
View Quote

Located in Bentonville, but won't hesitate to drive a good ways for a good shop.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:46:49 PM EDT
[#4]
A lot of people use Arkansas Outdoors in Siloam Springs.  

GI Guns in Rogers has been recommended before.

Call first and verify transfer fees

I have not used either, because I haven't transferred any guns since I sold my shop
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I was using Arky Armory in Springdale, but I don't like the way he runs things, so I won't be giving him any more money.  His Armslist ads are bait and switch just to get you in the store, he never has anything that he says "Just in...." on the ads.  He's also using stock photos from Aim Surplus.

I went to Siloam not long ago, probably the shop mentioned above.  I liked the guy, and he had a nice store.  

I've heard good things about Specialty Arms in Fayetteville as well.  I've never used them, but my friend down there uses him a lot and has never complained.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been using Benton County Gunworks but I need to find a new place. I'm going o try JT Armory.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#7]
After speaking with the guys at GI, right now they are probably gonna be who I initially use. Still talking to other shops on FB until I can actually make it in to speak in person. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
After speaking with the guys at GI, right now they are probably gonna be who I initially use. Still talking to other shops on FB until I can actually make it in to speak in person. Thanks for all the suggestions.
View Quote

Only problem I've had with GI is actually getting them to send their ffl.

Iirc only one guy, one of the owners, has an ffl. If you don't talk to him directly you get "okay, I'll let him know"  and sometimes they don't. Last time I used them it took two phone calls and a drive down there over a 3 or 4 day period before the ffl was sent.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Only problem I've had with GI is actually getting them to send their ffl.

Iirc only one guy, one of the owners, has an ffl. If you don't talk to him directly you get "okay, I'll let him know"  and sometimes they don't. Last time I used them it took two phone calls and a drive down there over a 3 or 4 day period before the ffl was sent.
View Quote

I just ordered from PSA and they already had the FFL on file, so hopefully that makes things go smoothly.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I am an FFL/NFA dealer in Bella Vista. I charge $25 for regular transfers and $50 for NFA transfers not purchased through me.  I am a home based FFL.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am an FFL/NFA dealer in Bella Vista. I charge $25 for regular transfers and $50 for NFA transfers not purchased through me.  I am a home based FFL.
View Quote

Good to know, I may be hitting you up at some point. Going to be needing a few transfers before it is all said and done, and hoping to pick up a suppressor this year (or at least start the paperwork).
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:22:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Good deal, I'll beat most prices out there on Cans.  Worker with Silencer Shop right now trying to get set up with them but i have a couple different suppliers besides them.  Hope HPA gets passed soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top