Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2016 4:34:03 PM EDT
It appears that this is the only outdoor range that's somewhat close to me. I'd like to know if anyone has dealt with them and what your experience was like. The last thing I need is to pay a bunch of snobs to look down on my ratty old 22 or my single shot 20 ga.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]
been a while since I was last there to shoot 3 gun but they seemed to be ok with ipsc and all that fun stuff
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:54:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
been a while since I was last there to shoot 3 gun but they seemed to be ok with ipsc and all that fun stuff
View Quote

I guess I wouldn't fit in. I had to look up IPSC to learn what they do.

I just want to have a good place to show up, shoot my targets, be part of a good community thing, etc.

Sadly, I am a minority. I saw their membership "application" just now.

I guess I'll do without.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I just want to have a good place to show up, shoot my targets, be part of a good community thing, etc.

I guess I'll do without.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess I'll do without.
What in the application made you think a minority wouldn't work out?

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I'll do without.

I said that wrong. I didn't mean minority by race/ethnicity. I was just wondering if I'd fit in. That's all.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I have never looked down on someone for the equipment or lack thereof...
We can only shoot what we can afford and I have always allowed fellow
range users to try out my firearms. Never know when they'll bite that AR
bullet! Lol
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I am a neighbor of said club for something like 12 years now. Do not belong, too many rules for me. Those I have known or know, that belong or belonged, aren't speaking too highly of the membership. They do have activities for just about any type of shooting a person could wish for. I have my own 300 yd rifle range and a trap field, so no real need to pay their $65.00 fee and take various classes before being allowed to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:51:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone know why they aren't the Gun Shows at the Fairgrounds anymore?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone know what happened to the Ridge Runner Arms Range that was in Mountain Home?
I hear the shop closed down but did anyone pick up the range - maybe Twin Lakes?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:17:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It appears that this is the only outdoor range that's somewhat close to me. I'd like to know if anyone has dealt with them and what your experience was like. The last thing I need is to pay a bunch of snobs to look down on my ratty old 22 or my single shot 20 ga.

Thanks
View Quote

There's a forest service range - Sylamore Range - just south of Calico Rock AR. I've driven by it a couples time. They accept donations.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fsm8_042878.pdf
http://www.ozarkmtns.com/sylamore/points/point14.asp

Longer drive but Missouri has a free - 100yd range just north of Gainesville off Hwy 5.
Caney Mountain
http://mdc7.mdc.mo.gov/applications/moatlas/AreaSummaryPage.aspx?txtAreaID=5202

Never been in the place but... Bull Shoals has an indoor range:
http://www.slingingiron.com/

Will have to visit it next time I'm home. Brother-In Law just moved to that town.

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:57:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does anyone know why they aren't the Gun Shows at the Fairgrounds anymore?
View Quote

Looks like October is the next one:

http://gandsgunshows.com/arkansas.html

Oct 8-9 Mountain Home, AR. Baxter County Fairgrounds, 1507 Fairgrounds Rd 150 Tbls 1-4 $45, 5+ 40, 10+ 35 Adm:$6.00
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm a little late to the party, but I'd be happy to show you around.  I get along fine with the snobby crowd, with my ratty old guns...  :D
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#12]
There is supposedly a range in Melbourne, AR.  Can't remember the name of and never been there, might be something you could look in to.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I have been a member of this club since about 1994 and I believe it's by far the best deal around if you want to join a gun club. There is a 100 yard rifle range, Cowboy Action, Trap and Skeet fields, pistol ranges, sporting clays, and there is a muzzleloader program as well. There are organized matches and  on all ranges and you can watch the schedule if you want to participate. This club is made up of individuals who are knowledgeable and helpful and in my experience no one looks down at others. The club has rules in place to ensure safe gun handling just like any range should. Everyone thinks they are safe with firearms but unfortunately that isn't always the case. Go to the club website and email one of the club officers and ask questions or maybe even  a tour.
Hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top