Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2016 8:59:04 PM EDT
We are moving to the "old home place". My dad's family has owned this chunk of land since the 1800s. The family and I are moving in after my dad's death last year. He hated ticks and chiggers. He used "diazanon?" for them. But, he always told me it was outlawed recently.

Anyway, he died on me before I got an answer out of him about whether there was a replacement.

All I've found is the $9 a bag stuff at Walmart. I don't care what the stuff costs, I just don't want to be picking seed ticks off of my dogs for half a night.

I welcome your ideas and resolutions.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#1]
You can get sulfur at the seed and feed. Broadcast after it rains. It's safe for dogs and farm animals. Hope that helps.

ETA: the diazacon (sp) at Walmart works also. If you have free ranging chickens it can be bad for them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Guineas and Chickens.   Plus, you get fresh eggs, and they'll eat any food scraps you have left from meals, so no worries about it stinking up the garbage and attracting wildlife if you don't have a disposal.  And guineas make great alarm systems.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I'll probably use the Walmart stuff. I do plan on chickens after I get a coop built. I really miss fresh eggs.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top