Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2016 8:49:14 AM EDT
Just saw a plug on channel 7 for a town hall meeting they are airing on March 18th @ 7pm on their over the air digital channel 7.3 and streamed live on katv.com.

"Lawmakers, attorneys, police and citizens meet to sort out the controversial issue."

I won't be able to see any of it live due to a prior commitment but I thought some of you folk would be interested. Maybe we can get a knowledgable resident or two involved.

UPDATE: Link to a video of the town hall meeting:  Open Carry Town Hall Video

I haven't watched it yet. Plan to sometime today.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet not a single Republican Legislature, you know the ones who authored the Bill,  will be in attendance.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bet not a single Republican Legislature, you know the ones who authored the Bill,  will be in attendance.
View Quote

Probably not. Will be interesting to see if ASP, or another LE Agency with representation at the event tries to strong arm the proceedings. It would be funny for one of the lawmakers that will supposedly be in attendance to call shenanigans on them for the world to see.

Hey, I can dream.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Probably not. Will be interesting to see if ASP, or another LE Agency with representation at the event tries to strong arm the proceedings. It would be funny for one of the lawmakers that will supposedly be in attendance to call shenanigans on them for the world to see.

Hey, I can dream.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, I can dream.
Where is it going to be held and how do we get in?

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, I can dream.

They didn't say. Only that they would be broadcasting it. My guess would be that it is originating from Channel 7's studios in downtown LR.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:56:58 AM EDT
[#5]
UPDATE:

Saw this morning that the meeting is going to be held at the UALR University Auditorium. "Members of the public who are interested are invited. Security will be checking individuals entering the door."

Link Posted: 3/14/2016 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#6]
The KATV Facebook Meme post says it's going to be in the UALR Student Services Center Auditorium.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The KATV Facebook Meme post says it's going to be in the UALR Student Services Center Auditorium.
View Quote

Probably more correct. The graphic this morning on TV said "University Auditorium" but the news guy said "University Theater". Maybe someone will get it right before Friday. LOL
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#8]
They are going to conduct a "town hall" meeting about lawfully carrying firearms in a place where such is unlawfully prohibited. I don't detect any bias in that at all.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They are going to conduct a "town hall" meeting about lawfully carrying firearms in a place where such is unlawfully prohibited. I don't detect any bias in that at all.
View Quote

This. Hopefully someone will point this out
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Watched the video. Seemed reasonable enough and the commentators were well
Spoken and thoughtful. Wish there was more video. Ed monk, who is a LEO and CCL instructor had some good comments
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top