Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2016 9:40:16 PM EDT
Where can I shoot rifles and pistols around the Rogers, AR area, would like to get into some 3 gun or IDPA shooting. Thanks for your help.

troy
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
IDPA: Sturms Range in Springdale

3 Gun: Old Fort Gun Club in Van Buren
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#2]
That is great info, I will check them out. is there any gun ranges that have 200 yard or greater distances for longer range shooting?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:17:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is great info, I will check them out. is there any gun ranges that have 200 yard or greater distances for longer range shooting?
View Quote

Rogers Gun Club supposedly has a 200 yard range, but I've never been there.  I think it's fairly hard to join.  

Check out Waldrop Range in LIncoln.  They have some very long ranges.  They have a FB page.  I haven't been there, but they have a public range day once a month.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Waldrop in Lincoln is great and on the informal side. Paper targets at 100 yards and then steel every 100 out to 1000. It is a pay by the day range and is usually only open once a month.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a guy that lives in Missouri 30 minutes north of Rogers that needs to have a BBQ/shoot again soon.  Private range out to 300, can get to 600 if no one is home.....
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Im curious about this as well. The only rifle range ive been able to find is Hobbs.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:38:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Parkers Indoor Range in Rogers
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#8]
waldrop range at lincoln is good
they do mostly precision rifle
usually open once a month . he post the date on his PB page.
its worth the drive to shoot longer ranges
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There is a guy that lives in Missouri 30 minutes north of Rogers that needs to have a BBQ/shoot again soon.  Private range out to 300, can get to 600 if no one is home.....
View Quote

This is a great option.   Unfortunately, I am in Florida for the winter(maybe not too unfortunate).  Great place to spend a nice afternoon shooting
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is a great option.   Unfortunately, I am in Florida for the winter(maybe not too unfortunate).  Great place to spend a nice afternoon shooting
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a great place to be for Winter! Enjoy your well deserved time out there

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:11:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
waldrop range at lincoln is good
they do mostly precision rifle
usually open once a month . he post the date on his PB page.
its worth the drive to shoot longer ranges
View Quote

Waldrop is the way to go.  He has recently setup a shorter carbine range with a steel tree and some basic silhouette targets. Johnny claims he's going to have some clay throwers this year too.

Just so you know what you're getting into..   Johnny Waldrop is a farmer, in Lincoln.  He's 100% "Gun Guy", basically into whatever gun stuff you might have.  He's just one of us who happens to own the land that we need to shoot long range.  You're going to be shooting in a cow pasture with minimal improvements.  He's provided tannerite for us out there.  I'm pretty sure he would let you shoot your own.  He had no problem when I asked if I could bump-fire my RPK.  He's said he's fine with full-auto out there, as long as he gets to shoot a mag himself.  If there's some specific kind of target you want to shoot at, just talk to him about it.  Like I said, he's just a gun guy.  If you've want to do something cool, he'll probably let you.

I think it's $30 for all day long range.  $25 for all day on the pistol/carbine range.  Or $50 for everything.  Not sure how the clay throwers will fit in when he gets them, but I'm sure it'll be similar.

https://www.facebook.com/Waldrop-Range-LLC-113946272280525/

I had to send my scope back to Vortex, and it just went out yesterday.  If I get it back before the 20th, I'll be out there that day.  If not, then it'll be March.

-J

ETA:

In this pic, you can see the paper targets in the lower right that are at 100yds.  There are targets IN the barn on the left that are around 450yds.  The 1000yd target is in the clearing between the trees in the WAY back.  There is a natural berm back behind all of that, and no houses for a long way.

Targets for the carbine range.  He spreads them out a little bit.  This pasture is USED for cows when it's not "Range Day" so Johnny has to put everything out and then clean it all up when we're done.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Waldrops range seems to be a good deal, Just out of curiosity why is the Rogers gun range so hard to get into or not open to the public? I have emailed them several times with no response.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Waldrops range seems to be a good deal, Just out of curiosity why is the Rogers gun range so hard to get into or not open to the public? I have emailed them several times with no response.
View Quote

I can't explain why there has been no response to your e-mail.  Seems the officers should be answering them.

The reason it's hard to get into is because there is a limit on membership of either 150 or 200.  I can't remember.  The reason for this, as I understand it, is because the insurance rate goes up sharply for larger membership numbers.  I've been a member there for about 5 years and it is an ok range.  200 yard rifle range, and a couple of pistol bays.  The land is city land and there are a lot of rules because of that.  It's also been shut down several times over its life due to people not following the rules.  I value my membership there, and will continue to shoot there, but Waldrop's setup is a LOT better.

-J
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you sending them to [email protected]? I'm pretty good about returning emails.

2015  memberships expire in March and we have -I think- 23 names on the waiting list right now. You'll need to come to a meeting to get on the list. Next one is March 10th at Cabelas in Rogers at 6:30.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does sturms do USPSA or just idpa?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe just IDPA and its on Tuesday night.... I could very easily be wrong though.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I believe just IDPA and its on Tuesday night.... I could very easily be wrong though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I might have to get in to IDPA then. I have Tuesday's off so perfect.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FYI: Last Tuesday of the month is usually a .22 match.

Parkers indoor range on Dixieland in Rogers shoots IDPA also, not sure on the schedule though
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Parkers indoor range on Dixieland in Rogers shoots IDPA also, not sure on the schedule though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. I'm 5 mins from there. This gives me an excuse to buy an IDPA legal gun since there's all this IDPA stuff in the area.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:43:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Excellent, I will be there.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Are you sending them to [email protected]? I'm pretty good about returning emails.

2015  memberships expire in March and we have -I think- 23 names on the waiting list right now. You'll need to come to a meeting to get on the list. Next one is March 10th at Cabelas in Rogers at 6:30.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I emailed several times to the contact names directed on the website, "rangeofficer" and "treasurer".  Got 1 auto-response.  I do reply to it, and I get no responses.  The other address has never responded.  I have been doing that monthly since October.

It is good to know someone there actually responds to emails.  I will send you an email today.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top