Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2016 3:13:00 PM EDT
I'm going to be in Arkansas soon on business. Here in Texas I always carry a loaded rifle in my vehicle. Do I need to unload it before I clear Oklahoma?
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 6:32:46 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as they can't claim you're hunting, you should be good to go. I do every day, fuck the possible consequences.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 8:04:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I once got pulled over by a AR. state trooper. He looked at my passenger truck seat and asked what kind of gun it was. I replied "surely you have seen an AR-15 before."
His answer was "well, not like that one."  Told me to have a nice day. Yes it says Indiana but I lived most of my life in AR.;
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 9:26:05 AM EDT
[#3]
That's about what I though from just glancing at the statues etc.....It really is amazing how many places in the US you can still drive around with a fully loaded rifle in your vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Please define the phrase "clear Oklahoma."
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Please define the phrase "clear Oklahoma."
View Quote

I should have said, "Clear Texas"....Oklahoma allows the rifle to be openly carried but it must be unloaded. Some states say that it has to be unloaded AND cased.....
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for this information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top