Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2015 4:30:41 PM EDT
Linky thing to news story

Where's that "Well.....bye." gif when you need it?
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#1]
In before Fleix.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#2]
would this have anything to do with his poor performance on youtube?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
He would have failed English with that last paragraph.
Even in Bald Knob public schools.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 1:15:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He would have failed English with that last paragraph.
Even in Bald Knob public schools.
View Quote

Proofe Reading is your friend.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a post from Arkansas Carry Act 746 Information/Discussion Group on facebook.

I have confirmed Erek Balentine has an application at Beebe Police Department and is undergoing background checks. All that stands in his way is the Mayor and Council. I urge anyone that can to make their voice heard on why we don't want a man like that in uniform anywhere let alone in Beebe. Call the Mayor and DEMAND that Erek Balentine not be hired at the Beebe Police Department!

Hope not I live in Beebe.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#6]
He applying to be chief? Or just a regular Beebe officer? Seems the latter would be weird, but maybe that's just me...
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He applying to be chief? Or just a regular Beebe officer? Seems the latter would be weird, but maybe that's just me...
View Quote

Just a regular patrolman, from what I read..  Leaving a chief of police job to start over with a new Pd is fishy at best....
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Good chance it's a raise.  It's certainly less stress.  I still think be burned his own truck, and it's not the first truck he's lost to fire.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good chance it's a raise.  It's certainly less stress.  I still think be burned his own truck, and it's not the first truck he's lost to fire.
View Quote

But his reasoning for leaving was "the safety of his family".  So he leaves a m- f 8-5 job for a patrolman job which will be nights and weekends, and 25 miles away (assuming his family stays in BK). Or if his family moves, he really thinks "whoever did this", couldn't find him?

How in the world would any PD hire him , based upon the video alone,  Much less the dom assault issue ( charges dropped )???  This guy is a hothead and so e department is gonna pay big $ for it. This would be the perfect guy to flip off or curse at ( both perfectly legal), and video the traffic stop. This guy doesn't like to lose, at any cost...

I am very pro PD, but this guy is not who you want protecting and serving...
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#10]
It's not uncommon for agencies to hire people that have been terminated from multiple depts over people with perfect work histories. In fact, depending on the agency, an uncertified white male that doesn't already work for the agency has almost zero chance of being hired.  

The results are predictable.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Brief update......Looks like Ballentine has already been fired from his new Beebe PD job.

This is mentioned in today's(Sunday) The Daily Citizen.   Requires a subscription to read but have seen screenshots of the topic.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Any more info on why?
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Any more info on why?
View Quote

So far no.    Only catching photos of newspapers postings.   Speculation is charges are forthcoming but who knows.   The article was about the upcoming trial of the Bald Knob case and part of the article mentioned that he(Balentine) had been fired from the Beebe job.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Brief update......Looks like Ballentine has already been fired from his new Beebe PD job.

This is mentioned in today's(Sunday) The Daily Citizen.   Requires a subscription to read but have seen screenshots of the topic.
View Quote

I'm all broken up about it...
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So far no.    Only catching photos of newspapers postings.   Speculation is charges are forthcoming but who knows.   The article was about the upcoming trial of the Bald Knob case and part of the article mentioned that he(Balentine) had been fired from the Beebe job.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any more info on why?

Makes you wonder if they might be related to the truck burning.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#17]
FB rumors (and they are just that) were saying ASP was questioning him regarding the sale of a stolen gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top