Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2015 7:44:02 PM EDT
We had lots of open spaces to shoot in CO, is there anything like that here?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

ARG&F has a nice range at Camp Robinson near Mayflower but that's a long drive from your spot ETA other than that find a landowner with some long valleys. I used to shoot down one near Vilonia
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ARG&F has a nice range at Camp Robinson near Mayflower but that's a long drive from your spot
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

ARG&F has a nice range at Camp Robinson near Mayflower but that's a long drive from your spot

Yeah, was just looking for someplace kind of close.  There used to be an open range on Blacksnake road, but it's gone now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#3]
There are two public ranges in Garland County. One near Pearcy and one near Jessieville.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]
IIRC,  aren't you in the HSV area?

If so,  you have the national forest rifle range near Cedar Fourche.

You also have the national forest rifle range at Bear Mtn,  near Brady Mtn in royal.  Both are 100yd ranges.

If you are looking for longer ranges,  the only place I can think of possibly is off Gladstone rd.   Take hwy 7 north, past the iron mtn use area.  The road number is 11, on the left almost directly across from Winona forest drive.    Follow road 11, for a few miles and there is a pipeline.    Please check though,  I'm unsure if it is still national forest or not.  It was the last i heard. Been a year or two since I been thru there.  

Now there is PowerLine right of way  off  Winona forest drive,   but it is in Winona wma.   I don't know how pissy the AGFC get about shooting out of a hunting season.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
There are some forest service ranges in the area.  They can range from pretty nice and clean to really messy.  There's one off Hwy 270 near Brady Mtn. Marina on Lake Ouachtia.  There's one off Hwy 70 over toward Glenwood.  There's another one off Hwy. 27 North of  Mt. Ida and IIRC still another one off Hwy 298 on the North side of Lake Ouachita.

I don't know if the old Ellis Hughes range is still open or not.  It is/was on the road off Hwy 270 beside Midway BBQ between Hot Springs and Malvern.

Then there's Mtn. Valley Sportsmans Associations private range.

A little further away is the Benton Gun Club near Bryant and Bauxite.  This is also a private range.  $75 a year to be a member.

Both of the private ranges have websites for further info.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I almost forgot,   there is Mountain Valley Sportsman Association  (mvsa).     I don't know all the details on it,  but I think they got a 300yd range, skeet,  trap, etc.  

I know far_right (a HTF member,  shoots there).   Maybe pm him for some details.  He's a good dude.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:22:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I almost forgot,   there is Mountain Valley Sportsman Association  (mvsa).     I don't know all the details on it,  but I think they got a 300yd range, skeet,  trap, etc.  

I know far_right (a HTF member,  shoots there).   Maybe pm him for some details.  He's a good dude.
View Quote

High praise im probably not worthy of. (d_g will tell you)

Theres a forest service range at bear mountain by brady mtn marina, but its rough. i only go there to shoot my m11. (MVSA rules against mgs)

i think ive offered in the past but if youd (or anyone) would like to go to MVSA id be more than happy to take you out there.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah, was just looking for someplace kind of close.  There used to be an open range on Blacksnake road, but it's gone now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Isn't the "No muslims" indoor range located on blacksnake Rd?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

It's close, but the place I'm talking about was just an old redneck bench with cover on public land, free to shoot there and was always empty.  That was over 20 years ago though, it's all grown over there now.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#10]
there is a public place on brady mtn/old bear road. sign is easy to miss but its a dirt road located where the power line crosses old bear road for the third time I believe. Sign is angled wrong and grown over in bushes. its on the forest service road and its blue gravel.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ARG&F has a nice range at Camp Robinson near Mayflower but that's a long drive from your spot ETA other than that find a landowner with some long valleys. I used to shoot down one near Vilonia
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Can you share any more?  Just assigned to Little Rock and haven't found a place to shoot yet.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#12]
There are a couple of National Forest/Fish &Game ranges that I know of.  One is west of Jessieville, there are signs but it's quite a ways off the blacktop. There is a sign for another, I assume similar, range out near Glenwood.

I'm in HSV and a member of MVSA if you want to go check that out.

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There are a couple of National Forest/Fish &Game ranges that I know of.  One is west of Jessieville, there are signs but it's quite a ways off the blacktop. There is a sign for another, I assume similar, range out near Glenwood.

I'm in HSV and a member of MVSA if you want to go check that out.

View Quote

The one you speak of West of Jessieville is the Cedar Fourche range.  It's more less between North Shore, or Lena use area and Buckville, off hwy 298.  Last time I was there,  it wasn't trashed like the range at Bear Mtn.  Not nearly as many folks either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top