Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2015 11:18:53 AM EDT
So how is this all gonna play out ?  Stop raining in a couple weeks and go in to drought mode ???  
Mosquitoes will be as big as humming birds....

When will it end ??
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:48:01 PM EDT
[#1]
It will play out exactly like that.  Arkansas weather is either wide open or off.  Had to cut on the heat the other day.  Those averages are just that, rainfall averaged between typhoons and drought.  Nothing in between.

Given a choice, I like the rain.  Never complain about rain, or pray to stop rain.  Because, it will.

Last time this happened was 2011.  Broke every heat/drought record in the book that summer, after a wet Apr/May.  Lord, I like to died.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#3]

I'll have to admit, last summer WAS nice.

Enough rain to make 2 cuttings, and it didn't even reach 90 deg on the mountain.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#4]
This weather is pissing me off.

Granted alot is pissing me off lately. The shitty jonesboro drivers today for example.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#6]
2011 left such an emotional scar on me, that every time a storm system stops, no matter the flooding it causes, I start hyperventilating worrying about when it will rain again.

We had no leaves on the trees from that July on.  It was surreal, it looked like winter, but it was 100 degrees.  I fed hay every month for over a year.  I thought we were going to have to move away like in the dust bowl.

I don't remember how the rest of AR fared, but NWA was like the surface of the moon from fall 2010 - summer 2012.

Good to get a break right now to cure hay, but I can't help but start wringing hands again if it goes too long between rains.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top