Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2015 10:02:36 AM EDT
What is the severe weather event that is causing UPS to pile up my packages in Little Rock for 2 days?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Flights canceled , lots of ice on roads but I think things will get back to normal today.

Other than that reason I have no clue.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Flights canceled , lots of ice on roads but I think things will get back to normal today.

Other than that reason I have no clue.
View Quote

It is odd because stuff is going in, but not going out.

I have shipments where the last hop before Little Rock was:

Decatur, IL
Knoxville, TN
Atlanta, GA
Mesquite, TX
Sikeston, MO

Shipments can make it from those places to Little Rock, but once there they can't leave.

It could be UPS sucking like usual.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe some of their delivery drivers can't make it in to do deliveries!  It's not really that complicated.   Bad weather, especially icy road conditions, affects people and businesses in different ways.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Maybe some of their delivery drivers can't make it in to do deliveries!  It's not really that complicated.   Bad weather, especially icy road conditions, affects people and businesses in different ways.
View Quote

Especially in a city that has about as much preparation for snow and ice as it has for volcano response.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Especially in a city that has about as much preparation for snow and ice as it has for volcano response.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair, our volcano response is actually better than our tsunami plan.  All the bureaucratic red tape has needlessly held up contract for passive PFDs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#6]
And FYI I have a package still waiting to be delivered.    Was supposed to arrive on the 24th.   It's an Amazon delivery so not even sure if the package is even in LR.    Just shows "On the way"
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

And FYI I have a package still waiting to be delivered.    Was supposed to arrive on the 24th.   It's an Amazon delivery so not even sure if the package is even in LR.    Just shows "On the way"
View Quote

They probably already handed it off to USPS for their directpost BS and they're busy using it for kickball practice at the distribution center.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#8]
This is frustrating...  

Had a package shipped Tuesday, 2nd day air.  It was due to be delivered on Thursday, went from Kentucky to Knoxville to Little Rock with no issues.  Got to Little Rock early enough in the morning that it could have actually made it out of Little Rock on Wednesday possibly.   Got a "Severe Weather delay" on Wednesday and it sat.  Then it updated and said it would be delivered today.  Well this morning I got ANOTHER Severe Weather delay and it went into limbo again.  At 9am today it made it to Springdale, but I don't think they're going to try to deliver it today.  And since UPS doesn't work weekends, it looks like I have to wait to Monday.

I have a second package, shipped yesterday from Amazon, guaranteed to be delivered today.  The weather event is mostly over at this point.  It went to Little Rock and got hit with a Severe Weather delay.  Won't be here until Monday.

I've had 4 or 5 USPS packages routing around the country this week.  Not a single delay.  Sorta feels like UPS is just using the weather as an excuse.  For what, I don't know.

-J
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:28:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Six of mine left LR last night.

Now, three more that arrived at LR yesterday show severe weather delays.

I don't know enough about how UPS operates internally, or I would think that some middle manager is using weather delays to make his payroll or some other metric look better.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:44:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered a package with Amazon Prime a couple of weeks ago.  I normally have Prime items within 48 hours unless I order on a Friday.  They will even deliver on Sundays sometimes believe it or not.

This one took 9 days to arrive!   It was shipped from Memphis to Little Rock and back 3 different times per the online tracker.  I understand weather delays, but while the hell do they ship it back to Memphis and back multiple times?  
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Interesting.  I have a 2 day Amazon Prime delivery that was supposed to be made today here in Jonesboro.  Weather delays is what my notice said.  The roads are clear between Jonesboro and LR because I drove them yesterday and my wife drove it today.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#12]
So glad I don't deal with that shit, anymore...
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I had some ammo come in that got delayed in LR before the first flake fell. It got delivered two or three days later than it should have.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So glad I don't deal with that shit, anymore...
View Quote

When it gets bad, you can just take a nap.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm not going to start a new thread to bitch about the weather, so I'll just do it here.

This sucks.  The dirt roads in the country are slop.

I have remnants of 4 snows at my place and tonight/tomorrow, BOHICA.

I've had baby calves hitting the ground since last week that have been wet their whole lives.  One calf loss = $2000 these days

And you know, next week we'll turn around and have March of the Tornadoes

I know you all know what I mean, no Arkansawyer is more than one generation away from having made a farm go (and that's not an insult)
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#16]
This is getting ridiculous. Now I have a package in Springdale that was supposed to deliver today and now has:

03/03/20158:30 A.M.Recent weather has caused delivery delays.
Recovery efforts are under way to deliver your package as soon as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

At this moment, I am sitting in Fayetteville. It is 44F with a light drizzle.

Edit to add: I just spoke with a customer service agent for UPS. She had no explanation, but I couldn't get her to admit that UPS is just screwed up.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

We lost 3 calves the past week and probably 8 total this winter. We're not big enough anymore to lose those kinds of numbers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not going to start a new thread to bitch about the weather, so I'll just do it here.

This sucks.  The dirt roads in the country are slop.

I have remnants of 4 snows at my place and tonight/tomorrow, BOHICA.

I've had baby calves hitting the ground since last week that have been wet their whole lives.  One calf loss = $2000 these days

And you know, next week we'll turn around and have March of the Tornadoes

I know you all know what I mean, no Arkansawyer is more than one generation away from having made a farm go (and that's not an insult)

We lost 3 calves the past week and probably 8 total this winter. We're not big enough anymore to lose those kinds of numbers.

Ouch, that hurts the billfold some.

Y'all need to pull them bulls out on time.  I shoot for 1 Mar for spring, but I'm still getting screwed--somebody suddenly pulled the stopper out on winter, and we're supposed to be just 4-5 weeks away from green-up time.  Last year, it got down to -1 below degrees on 2 Mar and baby calves lost ears and feet.  That was good as a loss, they didn't feed up.  Freezer's full, though.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#19]
BostonMtnHigh, are you around the Boston / Red Star area? Or, does your name just refer to the mountain range in general?

I used to know some people around there (but most of them are dead now).

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:43:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
BostonMtnHigh, are you around the Boston / Red Star area? Or, does your name just refer to the mountain range in general?

I used to know some people around there (but most of them are dead now).

View Quote

No, but I wouldn't mind it--that's some pretty country.

I'm in S. Washington County, Brentwood Mtn-->Sunset area.

I assume you are McDonald/Barry Co.?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I assume you are McDonald/Barry Co.?
View Quote

Yep. It isn't quite Medicine County, but it tries to be. (We also have a place in Benton County.)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top