Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2015 1:46:56 AM EDT
I know the Buffalo river is full of crinoid stems, my kids found a lot there last year (and so did my lawnmower after they left some in the yard) and they wanted to go look for more.
Any good locations?
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to do ok at the rock quarry on Mt magazine, but I'm pretty sure it's all fenced in now
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Bella Vista.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I used to do ok at the rock quarry on Mt magazine, but I'm pretty sure it's all fenced in now
View Quote
They filled one of them in, and the other one is at the trailhead camp for the horseback trail.  

The creeks coming off the mountain are a good place to look for fossils and arrowheads.

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bella Vista.
View Quote

Hey….I came here to post this.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bella Vista.

I'm talking dead fossils

Quoted:
Quoted:
They filled one of them in, and the other one is at the trailhead camp for the horseback trail.  

The creeks coming off the mountain are a good place to look for fossils and arrowheads.

Will look into that, we've never been there
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:48:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Any of the streams will have them in the gravel/rocks.  Found a Trilobite once.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top