Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2014 1:16:09 AM EDT
My fav is a 1.5mi, but I've never been to Talladega, do you think it's worth the expense and trip from NWA?  And which race, spring or fall?

Regional drivers to root for in '15--Mark Martin is on the downslide to retirement, maybe McMurray (Joplin, MO), or Edwards (Columbia, MO)?

Good grief, you know it's only a couple months until Daytona.  Where did the time go.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My fav is a 1.5mi, but I've never been to Talladega, do you think it's worth the expense and trip from NWA?  And which race, spring or fall?

Regional drivers to root for in '15--Mark Martin is on the downslide to retirement, maybe McMurray (Joplin, MO), or Edwards (Columbia, MO)?

Good grief, you know it's only a couple months until Daytona.  Where did the time go.
View Quote

The best races are at big tracks where the best views are fuck from yo couch.  Cameras have good zoom and there are lots of em.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#2]
My recommendation is to find a more productive use for your time and talents. Do you think that at the end of your life that you will look back and say "I sure am glad that I spent so much of my precious time watching people drive around in circles."
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are a fan, I would do it at least once.  I've enjoyed Talladega a few times now traveling from NWA.  I think the spectacle is awesome and would only be beat by Daytona.  That said, the racing has sometimes not been too great.  Lining up in a single file row and running that way for 50 laps is not too exciting.  It depends on the current NASCAR rules package in place of course.  You could watch the spring race on tv and then make your decision on whether or not to make a trip to see the fall race.  Like I said, I would do it at least once and then you can go from there.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been to Texas and it was a good race.  Only one I've been to.  I think the only one I'd drive more than 5 hours for is Bristol.  I'd love to watch some short track action.

Link Posted: 12/27/2014 12:36:33 AM EDT
[#5]
You should go at least once. Try to sit at the start/finish line or turn 4 high up before the tri oval. I'd go spring if you can. Bristol is really awesome, hearing protection is a MUST.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top