Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2014 8:04:54 PM EDT
Not sure of all the specifics yet but a case I posted about on here finally ended with the trial today.    For a refresher three guys were out out in the woods last November preparing to do some gun training.....AR style.   They were on private land and were scouting it out.   Now this was hunting season but none of them were hunting, had licenses, wearing blaze orange, etc.   They accidentally crossed over onto someone else's private land.   The land owner called the Sheriff.  Deputy showed up but land owner did not desire to press trespassing charges.   So he called Game and Fish.   They cited these individuals with hunting with improper ammo and hunting without a license.

The one guy who is reporting this info challenged the charges.   Earlier this summer the charges were amended to Criminal Trespass and something else(mischief?).

Anyway the Judge threw out one of the charges(Mischief) today and found not guilty on the other(Criminal Trespass).

At this point I'm actually not sure Game & Fish was still involved since the charges were actually amended.   Either way they started it and lost.   Waiting to see about attorney's fees.

At one of the pre trial hearings they actually had SWAT involved after purposely leaking info that this guy was some kind of threat and might start something.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:16:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So he called Game and Fish.   They cited these individuals with hunting with improper ammo and hunting without a license.
View Quote

Hopefully Act 746 and the upcoming legislature will 're-calibrate' the AGFC.   Getting into legal trouble just cuz you are carrying a gun in the woods is a little over the top.   Or a lot.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Good.

Game and fish are a bunch of tyrants.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuck the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission. Seriously. Fuck them. If there are any AGFC people here and you don't like what I've said, then fix your fucking people. They're fucking it up for the rest of you.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission. Seriously. Fuck them. If there are any AGFC people here and you don't like what I've said, then fix your fucking people. They're fucking it up for the rest of you.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 1:06:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I fucking HATE the AGFC.  May they rot in hell.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#6]
edit.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah,   They done went full retard.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

I have no use for any of them, none.

I'm no thug, road hunting, punk with too many "Browning deer head" stickers on his Z-71, either.
I just don't like their seperate set of "laws".  They shouldn't be allowed to set foot on my land without paying rent.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#9]
My biggest problem with them is the fact of......

IIRC, we voted to pass a 1/8 cent sales tax to fund these clowns. I'm fine with it, but In my mind, this money should be used to fund the purchase of more public hunting land, make our fisheries better, and current WMA improvement..... NOT HIRING MORE POSSUM COPS!!!!    Don't get me wrong, they have their job to do, but it seems anymore that any encounter you have with ole' green jeans is bad.  For 1 good green jeans,  you got 3 bad ones.  

Hell, anymore instead of the AGFC fixing a problem,  they don't and figure out a way to capitalize from it by writing tickets.  Take for instance the new hog hunting rules.   They want to bitch about hogs,  but now I can't kill one on a WMA with a bow during bow season.  Now, I'm under the impression if I did,  I'd get a ticket.  So, in my mind I don't want to hear any bitching about hog when WMA's start getting overrun. If they're such a problem, then let us kill them by any means necessary.  Our tax dollars pay for WMA's, which we're entitled to hunt.

The AGFC needs to unfuck themselves,  and start fixing problems.   Not just write tickets.

I could go on with this rant, but I won't bore y'all.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

IIRC, we voted to pass a 1/8 cent sales tax to fund these clowns. I'm fine with it, but In my mind, this money should be used to fund the purchase of more public hunting land, make our fisheries better, and current WMA improvement..... NOT HIRING MORE POSSUM COPS!!!!    Don't get me wrong, they have their job to do, but it seems anymore that any encounter you have with ole' green jeans is bad.  For 1 good green jeans,  you got 3 bad ones.  

Hell, anymore instead of the AGFC fixing a problem,  they don't and figure out a way to capitalize from it by writing tickets.  Take for instance the new hog hunting rules.   They want to bitch about hogs,  but now I can't kill one on a WMA with a bow during bow season.  Now, I'm under the impression if I did,  I'd get a ticket.  So, in my mind I don't want to hear any bitching about hog when WMA's start getting overrun. If they're such a problem, then let us kill them by any means necessary.  Our tax dollars pay for WMA's, which we're entitled to hunt.

The AGFC needs to unfuck themselves,  and start fixing problems.   Not just write tickets.

View Quote

If you'd like to continue, I will listen.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your newsletter, I'd subscribe.

I'm open to ideas on how to start a movement to strip them of their power and authority. Take them back to the Stone Age.

I do, however, like their educational programs.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm open to ideas on how to start a movement to strip them of their power and authority. Take them back to the Stone Age.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Legislative action from the state level.   Votes matter!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't get me wrong,   I'm not anti AGFC.   Conservation laws are important, as is the AGFC,  but over last few years they've been getting outta touch with reality.  

The deal with the new hog regs......from what I understand, they came about due to agfc trapping operations.  Fearing hunters would interfere with them.  My question is what are being done with these trapped hogs?    I hope like hell the agfc isn't selling the hogs to slaughter houses.  If they are, that is completely fucked up.   Denying a taxpayer to hunt them on  land paid for out of tax dollars for the fact of making profit for trapping hogs would really piss me off.  By no means I'm saying this is the situation, but it could be.   Maybe I got too much tinfoil on.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I have the AGFC deer picture license plate.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

STATIST

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:50:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

We won't hold that against you.  

I have no problem with  giving money to go to conservation, as long as it's used correctly.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have no problem with  giving money to go to conservation, as long as it's used correctly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the way I feel too.  For instance, I love the AGFC resource center in downtown LR.  It's a great place to take kids and lots of good info there.  If the extra $30/year I pay for that plate helps to keep that place up and running, then I'm all for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top