Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2014 10:22:20 AM EDT
Anybody know how long it's taking them to handle renewals these days? Mine is up in April and I want to make sure I give enough lead time.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I received my renewal at the end of August; it was a four week turnaround time.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anybody know how long it's taking them to handle renewals these days? Mine is up in April and I want to make sure I give enough lead time.

Thanks!
View Quote

Be sure to use the online option.   It will be much quicker, from what I here
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:08:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes definitely use the online option.   I will tell you of my experience from last year.   When you register online with ASP they give you a reference number to send in with the paper copy you must send them from your requalification shoot.   They say they will not process your paperwork until 60 days(may be 90 days) in advance so pay attention to that.   Mine expired in Oct last year.   I shot around July and waited until closer to send in my paperwork.   I horsed around and got a little closer than I desired expecting it to take much longer.   I mailed my paperwork on a Thursday and got the new license in the mail the very next week on Friday.   So basically a 7 to 8 day turn around.   YMMV
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine was about 5-6 weeks this time around.  Got it back the first week of September.  I mailed mine in.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Was definitely going to do the online thing.

Thanks all for the info!
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#6]
They were dragging ass on my recent renewal this year. I think it took them over six weeks. Damn near two months. I called them at one point and they said they weren't to my application date at the time and were working through the apps and would get to me.

I hadn't taken that long before.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:26:27 AM EDT
[#7]
For my students it's been ranging anywhere from 2 weeks to almost 2 months. It's 90 days prior to expiration that you can submit your renewal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top