Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2014 10:13:09 PM EDT
I'm trying to locate one for a project anyone know where I might be able to find one for a reasonable price?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I see them on CraigsList all the time but I wouldn't call the price reasonable.
I have wondered why people would buy them, other than a military collector, so I don't know why they want so much.
Short is hard to back, tall is hard to load.  They have that loop hitch thing.  I dig the 6x6 trucks.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see them on CraigsList all the time but I wouldn't call the price reasonable.
I have wondered why people would buy them, other than a military collector, so I don't know why they want so much.
Short is hard to back, tall is hard to load.  They have that loop hitch thing.  I dig the 6x6 trucks.
View Quote

Look at how they are built. At the average price it'd cost twice as much in materials for you to build one as well yourself and you'd still have to put it all together. Even if you built the steel 101 version. The 1101 etc series are all aluminum and would be crazy expensive to build.

Short is easy to maneuver off road as well as high. And that "loop hitch thing" (pintle & lunette) is an awesomely secure method of trailer attachment as well as allows for greater maneuvering off road.

It's a different tool for a different job, and it does it's job very well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top