Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/19/2014 3:31:53 PM EDT
I been summons for Jury Duty for Judge Piazza
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell them your highly educated and very opinionated. They will get rid of you fast.

Or, keep twitching your head back and forth, look cross eyed, and roll around in pig shit so you stink the whole place up and no one can stand to smell you!

Either way, that sucks man.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I did jury duty for Judge Simms.  He was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I got pick for Jury Trail.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did jury duty for Judge Simms.  He was pretty cool.
View Quote

Simms has an interesting rep with LEOs.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:29:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Well I got pick for Jury Trail.
View Quote

You fucked up that bad?

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:59:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Judge Piazza is a competent judge that observes the Constitution and civil rights.

He's the guy who legalized gay marriage in Arkansas. Very cool to do what is right in a Southern state.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Judge Piazza is a competent judge that observes the Constitution and civil rights.

He's the guy who legalized gay marriage in Arkansas. Very cool to do what is right in a Southern state.
View Quote

It's actually not currently possible for gay couples to marry in Arkanasas.  Piazza's ruling was suspended by the Supreme Court.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

What's right would have been for him to have said: "government has no business in marriage at all", and then dissolved marriage licensing for the state.  But almost nobody likes constitutional government anymore.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then perhaps he needs to make McDonald's pay $15.00 an hour!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it.

And I know the ruling was suspended, but it doesn't mean that it's nullified. It's simply on hold for the state to make an argument as to why the ridiculous state ban shouldn't be struck down. The AR Supreme Court now has to decide.

It will be overturned. There is legal precedent for legalizing gay marriage by federal judges and all of the states with bans have been losing their legal restrictions one by one.

These idiots in this state need to realize that morality cant be legislated.  However, morally, there is nothing wrong with being gay since people are born that way. People need to study biology and Anthropology instead of thinking that some guy built a boat, in a week, that held all of the animals in the world (including sea fish, because rainwater doesn't have salt in it and all sealife would have died) for a year and incestually repopulated the Earth. It's so ridiculous that it's comical.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don't get it.

And I know the ruling was suspended, but it doesn't mean that it's nullified. It's simply on hold for the state to make an argument as to why the ridiculous state ban shouldn't be struck down. The AR Supreme Court now has to decide.

It will be overturned. There is legal precedent for legalizing gay marriage by federal judges and all of the states with bans have been losing their legal restrictions one by one.

These idiots in this state need to realize that morality cant be legislated.  However, morally, there is nothing wrong with being gay since people are born that way. People need to study biology and Anthropology instead of thinking that some guy built a boat, in a week, that held all of the animals in the world (including sea fish, because rainwater doesn't have salt in it and all sealife would have died) for a year and incestually repopulated the Earth. It's so ridiculous that it's comical.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it.

first bold: not true, and the study that everyone bases that opinion on was so poorly setup and conducted it's laughable, but what do I know of the scientific method and statistics.

second bold: Biology you say? Well, in that case, homosexuality is at odds with biology and evolution. Call them evolutionary defects if you would like... high mortality and unable to reproduce.

I bet you believe that the cosmos began with a big bang huh? Hows conservation of mass working out for you?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

first bold: not true, and the study that everyone bases that opinion on was so poorly setup and conducted it's laughable, but what do I know of the scientific method and statistics.

second bold: Biology you say? Well, in that case, homosexuality is at odds with biology and evolution. Call them evolutionary defects if you would like... high mortality and unable to reproduce.

I bet you believe that the cosmos began with a big bang huh? Hows conservation of mass working out for you?
View Quote

The "Study?" No, there wasn't a "study" on being gay. It's scientific fact that the brain chemistry of gays mirrors that of the opposite sex and that they are born that way. It comes down to hormones and development. Kind of like you're a woman by default, but a few hormones changed your labias into a scrotum and your ovaries dropped into testicles. Hormones control every process in the body. When hormones are off, then everything changes.

Does homosexuality make good evolutionary sense? No. Neither does giving birth to children with missing limbs and other birth defects. Shit happens.

I bet you believe a bronze-age fairy tale that tells you that things magically appeared because it just did...so don't ever question "faith."  Genetics can be traced back through different lifeforms on Earth to show evolution but "just believe or you're going to Hell" explains nothing. It works for 5-yr-olds that don't understand anything in this world, but not for adults that can think for themselves.

You can't legislated religious beliefs in this nation. It's against the Constitution. Keep your church at church and your fairy tales to yourself. Remember that Greek mythology that you read about in junior high and high school? You thought it was ridiculous and asked yourself "How could anyone believe this crap?" Noah is the same thing.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The "Study?" No, there wasn't a "study" on being gay. It's scientific fact that the brain chemistry of gays mirrors that of the opposite sex and that they are born that way. It comes down to hormones and development. Kind of like you're a woman by default, but a few hormones changed your labias into a scrotum and your ovaries dropped into testicles. Hormones control every process in the body. When hormones are off, then everything changes.

Does homosexuality make good evolutionary sense? No. Neither does giving birth to children with missing limbs and other birth defects. Shit happens.

I bet you believe a bronze-age fairy tale that tells you that things magically appeared because it just did...so don't ever question "faith."  Genetics can be traced back through different lifeforms on Earth to show evolution but "just believe or you're going to Hell" explains nothing. It works for 5-yr-olds that don't understand anything in this world, but not for adults that can think for themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

and some

It's clear you know less about science than you purport.

As far as your vitriolic, foaming at the mouth hatred towards Christianity, I'm sorry that you live with that much angst inside you.

Unfortunately, you are wrong about the study. Simon LaVay, in 1991, at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies.

Based on your opinion, do you also believe that pedophilia is genetic? How about bestiality?

You can't legislated religious beliefs in this nation. It's against the Constitution. Keep your church at church and your fairy tales to yourself. Remember that Greek mythology that you read about in junior high and high school? You thought it was ridiculous and asked yourself "How could anyone believe this crap?" Noah is the same thing.  

Typical of someone who shares your beliefs. Freedom of, not freedom from religion. In fact, I believe that Greek mythology is more truth than fantasy. There is a wealth of evidence to support it.

This is going to turn into a s*%&storm
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I think it already has.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

As far as your vitriolic, foaming at the mouth hatred towards Christianity, I'm sorry that you live with that much angst inside you.

Unfortunately, you are wrong about the study. Simon LaVay, in 1991, at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies.

Based on your opinion, do you also believe that pedophilia is genetic? How about bestiality?

Typical of someone who shares your beliefs. Freedom of, not freedom from religion. In fact, I believe that Greek mythology is more truth than fantasy. There is a wealth of evidence to support it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Says a guy that thinks the Bible is more scientific than Science itself. I don't care about your pseudo science nonsense of trying to cite "a study." If you understood Science then you would know that one publications doesn't constitute Science.

The brain chemistry and the physical brains dimensions(shown by brain scans) of homosexuals are different than those of their heterosexual counterparts. That's Science, not bronze age mythology.

Freedom of religion encompasses freedom from religion for those that have more sense than to believe Noah. You can believe whatever mythology that you want, but keep it to yourself. You have no legal right to try and use our legal system to codify your religious beliefs for others to follow when they don't believe in fairy tales. That's what you folks are doing by trying to use your "Adam and Eve" silliness from the Bible as an argument to ban gays from being married. You're pushing your mythology upon other people.

The problem with me is that I have a background in Anthropology and I studied religions. So, I ACTUALLY read religious texts instead of cherry-picked or just showed up to church for a sanitized and polished sermon that is taken out of context.

You can believe whatever you want. Just don't impose your religious beliefs upon other people, especially through law. Do you want Sharia Law? If you woke up tomorrow in a state ruled by people of a different faith telling you how to live then you wouldn't be so smug. Keep the waters clean, no one likes mud. The best way to do that is to keep it to yourself and in your church.  It has no place in our state capitol building. That's why it's hilarious that the Satanists are putting up a statue in Oklahoma at the capitol building because they ignorantly allowed Christian displays.

Anyway, this thread is about jury duty. The judge mentioned is admirable, for doing what Americans should do, protecting the civil liberties of the minority from the masses.  If the Jews in Germany had been so lucky

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:06:32 PM EDT
[#17]
The problem with me is I'm actually a scientist
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is more of a problem than that.

I find that hard to believe since you refuse proven medical science and instead side with myth.

If you say that you exist because of Noah then you're not a scientist.

Again, this thread is about an admirable judge.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I find that hard to believe since you refuse proven medical science and instead side with myth.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No the thread is about serving jury duty.

There is NO proven medical science here.   Prove Noah didn't exist or that it didn't happen the way the Bible say it did.   And for clarification to your earlier statement it took Noah much, MUCH longer than a week to build the Ark.

I certainly hope you're not using the recent Noah movie to get your facts.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

He's a 14er, don't get your hopes up

Safemover: good luck with jury duty. While it is a pain, it's a great attribute to our system, we are lucky.  Remember, there's always jury nullification
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There is NO proven medical science here.   Prove Noah didn't exist or that it didn't happen the way the Bible say it did.   And for clarification to your earlier statement it took Noah much, MUCH longer than a week to build the Ark.

View Quote

Genesis 7

"The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation. 2 Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth. 4 Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.

Noah didn't exist because it was a 300ft wooden ship, supposedly built by noah and his sons in a week, loaded with all animals from earth (which would have to include saltwater-dwelling life because rainwater is freshwater), and set afloat for a year. It didn't happen.

Noah comes from a myth in Mesopotamia where a King placed his herd on a barge and floated down river to the gulf of Aden during a flood. It's not Noah.

There is ZERO geological evidence of a global flood. Science, those pesky facts are what tell the true story, not "faith."

A week doesn't give you a very long time to build a 300+ft cargo ship by: Cuting forests, milling lumber, collecting all the food for all of the animals in the world to sustain them for a year, and then load all of the animals from the world. Children believe it because it's a cartoon.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Genesis 7

"The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation. 2 Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth. 4 Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.

Noah didn't exist because it was a 300ft wooden ship, supposedly built by noah and his sons in a week, loaded with all animals from earth (which would have to include saltwater-dwelling life because rainwater is freshwater), and set afloat for a year. It didn't happen.

Noah comes from a myth in Mesopotamia where a King placed his herd on a barge and floated down river to the gulf of Aden during a flood. It's not Noah.

There is ZERO geological evidence of a global flood. Science, those pesky facts are what tell the true story, not "faith."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Genesis 7

Dude. chill out.

Look at Chapter 6 and report back.

You are wrong
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Dude. chill out.

You are wrong
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Genesis 7

Dude. chill out.

You are wrong

It doesn't give a time period, only in Genesis 7.

However, Genesis 6 does contain one of the contradictions and errors of the Bible. According to the Bible, God doesn't make mistakes and is perfect. "So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.”"
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I've seen some threads take some pretty awesome turns, but this one was wholly unexpected.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've seen some threads take some pretty awesome turns, but this one was wholly unexpected.
View Quote

Science came along and fixed it.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

However, Genesis 6 does contain one of the contradictions and errors of the Bible. According to the Bible, God doesn't make mistakes and is perfect. "So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.”"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Genesis 7

Dude. chill out.

You are wrong

He made you!  Was that a mistake?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Genesis 7

Dude. chill out.

You are wrong

Let me lay it out in chronological order:

Gen 6:
>God commands Noah to build the Ark
>Noah does that

Gen 7:
>God tells Noah to board the aforementioned and constructed Ark. And He says that once Noah does, He will send rain in seven days.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

almost like a GD thread
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

What's right would have been for him to have said: "government has no business in marriage at all", and then dissolved marriage licensing for the state.  But almost nobody likes constitutional government anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't seem to figure out how to submit my email address for your newsletter...

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't get it.

I'm an engineer, not a scientist, and far from a biologist, but I have spent the last 25 years watching my homosexual brother grow up.

I don't know how, or why, or even really what, but I can tell you first-hand that my father and I both knew and discussed the fact that he was different from a very young age, and we knew he was gay the older he got.

I don't really have a dog in this fight one way or the other, but my anecdotal evidence sways my opinion pretty deeply into the "born with it" camp.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've seen some threads take some pretty awesome turns, but this one was wholly Holy unexpected.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm an engineer, not a scientist, and far from a biologist, but I have spent the last 25 years watching my homosexual brother grow up.

I don't know how, or why, or even really what, but I can tell you first-hand that my father and I both knew and discussed the fact that he was different from a very young age, and we knew he was gay the older he got.

I don't really have a dog in this fight one way or the other, but my anecdotal evidence sways my opinion pretty deeply into the "born with it" camp.

View Quote

I know a few gay adults like this.  Everybody knew from a very young age that they were different.  All have straight brothers or sisters.  Could sexual abuse or some other influence turn a straight kid gay? Maybe.  Probably.   But I've seen nothing to make me believe that this is even a significant part of the numbers of gay people.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've seen some threads take some pretty awesome turns, but this one was wholly Holy unexpected.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Take the other crap to a new thread and keep it clean.

Damn bunch of homos in here.
View Quote

Says the guy with the beard longer than Jesus'.  ;)   Just not as white.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Some people get really anal about getting out of jury duty. I never pegged some of y'all to swing that way. Yeah it sucks having to miss work or home life or whatever. Some people get down right shafted with it. In the end, it doesn't matter who came out on top or bottom. It's about service, doing your job to see that justice is firmly upheld.

View Quote

The trial I served on was several days long.  It was exhausting coming into and out of the city every day, just back and forth, back and forth.  One day, it rained and I parked a few blocks away and it was so wet and dirty I had to wear my rubber slicker.  For long trials like that, you just have to keep your chin up and keep plugging away.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take the other crap to a new thread and keep it clean.

Damn bunch of homos in here.

He actually kindof reminds me of Noah
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

At what age did you discover you liked other boys?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, if I support civil liberties and I don't believe in bullshit fairy tales then it means I'm gay?

Funny.

I'm just not a dumbass that thinks the laws should be based on religion because church needs to stay in church.  All of the people that bitch about gays getting married or trying to legislate based on religion aren't even Christians.

In order to be a Christian, you have to actually follow the Bible and do what it says. Christians don't follow their own Bible today. They instead like to cherry pick and pretend to be pious and religious.

I support liberty and freedom of everyone and every group in this country. That's my only concern. I don't support dummies violating the civil rights of others because of Noah fairy tales.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Here is one of the most genius men to walk Earth. A lot of people like to try and quote him but they don't really dig deep. It's just usually people quoting about trees of liberty...

"“Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.”
-Thomas Jefferson,1814

Get it yet?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Some people get really anal about getting out of jury duty. I never pegged some of y'all to swing that way. Yeah it sucks having to miss work or home life or whatever. Some people get down right shafted with it. In the end, it doesn't matter who came out on top or bottom. It's about service, doing your job to see that justice is firmly upheld.

View Quote

Subtle.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:46:27 PM EDT
[#43]
I was wondering if anyone else plucked out the marrow of that underrated post.

After reading this thread, I feel so weak-minded. As though I have just been introduced a true Internet genius of philosophical theology and human nature all in one.
My eyes are so open now.

I feel the need to get one of those Keep Fayetteville Funky stickers.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:44:32 PM EDT
[#44]
What the fuck? When the hell did the ARHTF become fucking GD? I stay the hell OUT of GD just because of this shit, right here.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:32:16 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

...because of Noah fairy tales.
View Quote

Okay, guy.  You've made your point.  You can move on or shut the fuck up, now.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:37:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Cowboy please lock.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:31:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What the fuck? When the hell did the ARHTF become fucking GD? I stay the hell OUT of GD just because of this shit, right here.

View Quote

14er.

That's why
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#48]
There are much less abrasive ways to state your case.

By saying "bullshit fairy tales", it's obvious that you are just trying to get a rise out of people.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
There are much less abrasive ways to state your case.

By saying "bullshit fairy tales", it's obvious that you are just trying to get a rise out of people.
View Quote

No, it's just because I think it's bullshit.

Talking about legal cases, now in Florida, because of radical Christians distributing Bibles and church materials in public schools to children, Satanists are going to be distributing Satantic material to children in Florida public schools. It's pretty simple, Keep church at church. Our nation isn't "based on Christianity." That's a fallacy. Thomas Jefferson himself said as much.

If those radical Christians had kept church in their church, and out of public schools, then THIS wouldn't be happening.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/15/satanists-distribute-religious-materials-florida-p/
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top