Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2014 4:50:07 PM EDT
There is high probability that my wife is about to get a promotion to Little Rock....working near St. Vincents on W. Markham.  I know most people not associated with the FSA and Obamanites live in the suburbs of the city.  What area would be a good place to start looking for homes with good schools, that would be a reasonable commute to this part of town ???

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
How far is she willing to commute?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Guess it depends on how well she liked the area.....I'd hate to say more than 30 min., which I know wont get you far in shitty traffic.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Benton and Bryant are about 20 to 25 min drive to that location if she is working  nurse hours. 8 to hours can go up to 35 to 40 mins.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Guess it depends on how well she liked the area.....I'd hate to say more than 30 min., which I know wont get you far in shitty traffic.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check Northern Saline county. PUCO property taxes are a bitch, and nowhere in the county is safe.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Check Northern Saline county. PUCO property taxes are a bitch, and nowhere in the county is safe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks a bunch guys..... Dan, those were two of my main concerns for the area !!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Cantrel/Chenal area in little rock. Lakewood/park hill/Sherwood in north little rock would be my choices. My old lady commutes from north of Conway to lr 5 days a week. Depends what shifts and hours and how far she wants to drive IMO.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks a bunch guys..... Dan, those were two of my main concerns for the area !!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The property taxes are definitely a bitch, but I could lay a $100 bill on my front doorstep and leave it for a long time without worrying about it in my neck of Maumelle. There are definitely FSA around, but the local man keeps the place pretty locked down.

That said, when I lived in Faulkner Co. I was one of the only people on my road that locked the cars and home, while everyone here in PUCO has an alarm and a quality deadbolt...

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Cantrel/Chenal area in little rock. Lakewood/park hill/Sherwood in north little rock would be my choices. My old lady commutes from north of Conway to lr 5 days a week. Depends what shifts and hours and how far she wants to drive IMO.
View Quote

Fuck Park Hill and fuck Sherwood.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:49:43 AM EDT
[#9]
How is the Cammack area nowadays?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:01:13 AM EDT
[#10]
A lot of people make the daily trek from Conway and Cabot areas to LR as well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:58:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

my wife is about to get a promotion to Little Rock...

View Quote
She must be is a really shitty place if Little Rock is a promotion.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Benton
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Maumelle is worth a look.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Maumelle is worth a look.
View Quote

and country areas outside of Conway north and east
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 7:35:47 AM EDT
[#15]
My brother and sister n law live in East End and she commutes to childrens every day. Takes her less than 30 minutes. I have gotten to know that community over the last few years and think it is as good as any within that driving distance. I think they are Saline county. Welcome to the area!
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My brother and sister n law live in East End and she commutes to childrens every day. Takes her less than 30 minutes. I have gotten to know that community over the last few years and think it is as good as any within that driving distance. I think they are Saline county. Welcome to the area!
View Quote

I live in the community that borders the north side of East End. We're considering a move south.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm near South East Conway and can make it to the rivermarket area in non-peak traffic in about 35 minutes. But during peak times that same drive has taken me 1.25 hours or more. I'm glad I rarely have to go to LR.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Thoughts on Cabot ?
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I live in Cabot. Commute to West Little Rock takes about 40 minutes going in and 45 coming back and I start work at 7am. The city is great, I have no complaints. I used to live in south arkansas the community here is much more friendly.
One thing to consider is that construction is going to start on widening Hwy. 67 to 6 lanes some time around August and continue for at least 6 years until it is 6 lanes all the way to South Cabot. Traffic will be worse for a while.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#20]
My wife and I just bought north of Chenal around St. Charles st.  We will be moving up at the end of the month. We looked in Pleasant Valley, the heights, etc and they were want 140 sq/ft and it needed to be completely updated plus I don't want to have to shoot someone for breaking in my house the first 3 months I live there. My in laws moved out if the heights because do the rampant crime.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#21]
My boss lady lives in Cabot.  Nice town, long commute, and there are almost daily wrecks on 67/167 during normal commute hours.  Cabot was the "white flight" landing zone when the PUCO gang's became a problem back in the 1990's, so says my barber anyways.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My boss lady lives in Cabot.  Nice town, long commute, and there are almost daily wrecks on 67/167 during normal commute hours.  Cabot was the "white flight" landing zone when the PUCO gang's became a problem back in the 1990's, so says my barber anyways.
View Quote

Along with Conway and Benton/Bryant.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I have lived in Cabot and Conway and driven to LR for work.  I moved to Sherwood.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#24]
If you a want a short commute stay in the city and look at the neighborhoods near Cantrell like leawood, foxcroft, pleasant valley or a little further west you have st charles and several places along chenal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top