Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2013 2:36:35 PM EDT

This poor little guy was almost not worth killing! But I will get a little sausage out of him!  Shot him around 70 yards with a .223 55gr Winchester VarmintX load. Shot him right behind the head and he was DRT!

I shot some video on my hero3+ but it is node made for getting out there very far but you can make them out.  

Death of Hogzillia!

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks fun, I haven't heard of too many hogs in NWA. Kinda jealous.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks fun, I haven't heard of too many hogs in NWA. Kinda jealous.
View Quote

It was good times. Had a nice doe come out and hung around for about an hour or so but I was here to kill hogs. Plan on going back next weekend again see if I can get then other two!
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 4:13:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome, man.  I smoked a whole hog ham last year and it was really good.  Ended up mixing some hog meat in with my deer burger.  I was skeptical at first, but they do make good eating.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 4:43:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice! I need to get back out in the woods - been killing mostly cardboard over the last 3 years.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 11:52:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Awesome, man.  I smoked a whole hog ham last year and it was really good.  Ended up mixing some hog meat in with my deer burger.  I was skeptical at first, but they do make good eating.
View Quote

This one was pretty small. I am grinding him today all into breakfast sausage!

Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Family wanted to go to Bass Pro this weekend glad they did. I picked up a new cutter and die for my meat grinder. Cut the hog up today. Have the first 12 pounds mixed.  Also picked this sausage mix while I was at bass pro. The new cuter handled this like it was hot butter! My old cutter was worn completly out.

6Lbs

6lbs more.

1st 6lbs cut

Next 6lbs ready

All 12 lbs

i will get all of this vacuum packed tomorrow and complete the rest.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:32:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Double Tap

Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Me and another friend went in on half a few years ago for a vacum machine. He has it and I have been to busy to go get and I had to get this stuff in the freezer today so I just used freezer paper.

I have 12 pounds of reqular sausage from the mix I got at Bass Pro. 6 pounds of deer/pork from another mix I found. The ratio is 1 pond deer to 5 pounds of pork.

Last think I got left 8 pounds of meet to grind. I think I am going to grind with the bass pro mix then cook it and can it. I have never done this before but from what I have been told and the vids I looked it seems pretty easy and by doing it this way they are pre cooked so when you want some you just open a jar up throw a few patties in the pan to best them up and your done.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 11:31:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I need to come hang out with you for a bit and learn how to do this stuff...I haven't been hunting since my grandfather got too old to go anymore, but back then we always just dropped everything off at a processor and came back a day or two later.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I may just want some breakfast after DARC
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#13]
So after I killed that last hog my wife has been set on getting killing her on. I ran the feilds almost all knight trying to get a feel on where they were moving from and to  

Based on this I laid some corn out to get ready for last nights hunt. Spot on from what I leaned the night before I have her setting in a stand with an AR-15 .223 with a  aimpoint T1 with 2MOA dot , aimpoint magnifier IR lazer and IR illlumnator  at the 12 o'clock in front of the front. And some 55gr polomer tipped varmint rounds and a YHM suppressor hanging off the end.

She is also wearing an ops core BASE jump with peltor com tac II hear pro, surefire IR light , contour roam POV camera and a pvs14 nod with a 3 lbs counter weight in the back of the helmet to balance all thing off.

I'm dragging ass with all the stuff I have been doing for the last two days. Christmas night almost all night driving around with my mono pvs14. So many times I came close to either running off into Bayou Bartholomew , trees and other large draining ditches.

All this info to say that my wife got her first hog tonight!  It was a nice size little bore weighed approx 275 300 lbs or so.  Had some small tusk about 1" or so. If they had been a little bigger I would have pulled them for her.

So once I get back to the land of fast internet I'll get a few pics posted up. I'm trying to get my day to get internet down here at his house  if I hold my tounge just right and one leg up I can get one bar of 4g then it dies again.
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Awesome man!  Tell the Misses congratulations.  Now just to get the little man in the house on point in a couple years and then who will  need Jimmy Dean?
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Awesome man!  Tell the Misses congratulations.  Now just to get the little man in the house on point in a couple years and then who will  need Jimmy Dean?
View Quote

LOL... He was with us!
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Pics of said dead hog!

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Welp another one is down! Pics to follow. Shot this one with my AR pistol.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#18]
What type of pistol?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm getting good at this cleaning thing.  I have it quartered up and the back straps cut out. All in zip lock bags for now.

Used this vid to learn how to cut one pretty fast.

Video
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:55:29 AM EDT
[#20]
did you use the dbal?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
did you use the dbal?
View Quote

No. I wanted to so bad but I did not have time to get to the range to check zero.  I mounted the 14 behind my Aimpoint micro on a mount that I made for it.

Going to get to the range this week to be able to try it out this weekend.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Found a few new trails today I am going to set up on in the coming weeks. I have a small lightweight climber Im going to bring in here to get a few feet off the ground and see if I can take out a small herd of them. The group I have been watching doing all this has about 30 or so of them in it. They are tearing this farmers field to shit!

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#23]
If you ever need some help....
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

If you ever need some help....
View Quote
This

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#25]
me too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm pretty sure if needed, you could assemble a hog hunting posse of near platoon strength within a couple of hours here on the HTF...
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure if needed, you could assemble a hog hunting posse of near platoon strength within a couple of hours here on the HTF...
View Quote

I would need a call or email, though.  I cant get on the interwebs too much.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#28]
LOL

It took me almost two years to find someone that would allow me to hunt hogs on their land.  I will see what i can do though to bring a few of y'all along.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I call first dibs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top