Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2016 9:12:49 PM EDT
Just applied for my permit. First time doing so, and ive heard it takes a couple apps before u get one. Anyone here  successful at harvesting a speed goat in years past?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Just applied for my permit. First time doing so, and ive heard it takes a couple apps before u get one. Anyone here  successful at harvesting a speed goat in years past?
View Quote
Yes. When I get back to my puter I'll post pics. I got to put in, but since I got one last year, I'll get the little yellow postcard of denial.

Edit:

I guess it was in 2014.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes. When I get back to my puter I'll post pics. I got to put in, but since I got one last year, I'll get the little yellow postcard of denial.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes please, pics and description if u wouldn't mind. What u took it with, yardage, etc. I hear u have to stalk them and crawl into range just to get a shot. I plan on using a .243 if I get approved, and I'll be on public land.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yes please, pics and description if u wouldn't mind. What u took it with, yardage, etc. I hear u have to stalk them and crawl into range just to get a shot. I plan on using a .243 if I get approved, and I'll be on public land.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

.270 shooting 130gn Nosler Ballistic tips at 228 yards. We (I hunt with a bunch of buddies) stalked a big group early in the morning and set up on them in a heavy fog. That's the moment when I realized that my rangefinder didn't work in fog. Well, I missed a DAMN nice one in that fog, but came across this one while my buddy was stalking a muley with his bow. They are pretty spookey on the public ground and seem to know exactly where the public ground ends and private ground starts. We have been going out there (western edge of the state) for years and have developed many good relationships with the local ranchers.

Good news is: The numbers have been outstanding in recent years and there have been some very nice ones taken.

Damn, I'm tired, sorry for the incoherent rambling.

Get one of those pop up targets you can carry with one hand, it does make a difference when you are stalking them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top