Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
What the fuck is that message on the billboard??
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Androyna was a strange one.  Rumor had it, this is late 80s, before Desert Storm, that his apartment consisted of a chair, a table, a hanging light bulb....and wall to wall guns.
View Quote
He probably started that rumor.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi all,

Is there a general Nebraska/Omaha online forum or website for FTF gun sales?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hi all,

Is there a general Nebraska/Omaha online forum or website for FTF gun sales?
View Quote
the place i start is the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association (NFOA).  they have a web forum with classified section and are a big name in lobbying the NE Unicam.... of course, everyone is just called the NRA down there.  anyways, i give the NFOA the first shot if im selling something.  after that, i might try some facebook groups.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Agree- I've sold a few through NFOA and all went smoothly.

I've also had success with ARMSLIST.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:03:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm checking this place for a heart beat.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#7]
It's too hot.....
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:24:38 PM EDT
[#8]
been trying to find time to run and do exercising around the house.  found out there's a Warrior Dash in Tekamah next year.  i should go, right?  its good practice for Cola, right?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:17:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
been trying to find time to run and do exercising around the house.  found out there's a Warrior Dash in Tekamah next year.  i should go, right?  its good practice for Cola, right?
View Quote
Did a Warrior dash out here.  It was a blast.  No Cola or peeps.  You'll have to do separate training.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Its horrible practice for Cola. You wanna be good at Cola? Pull-ups including muscle ups, dips, and jumping. Almost all obstacles reward light people with great grip.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Its horrible practice for Cola. You wanna be good at Cola? Pull-ups including muscle ups, dips, and jumping. Almost all obstacles reward light people with great grip.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ok, noted.

i will make sure i get a couple of muscle ups in between my matches on CoD.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:52:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Finally got around to finishing and zeroing my latest toy. The optic will not stay, it's just to play with for now. The laser is GTG under NODs. I'm not sure if I'll SBR it or not.

The coyotes were howling tonight! Can't wait to go hunting!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Finally got around to finishing and zeroing my latest toy. The optic will not stay, it's just to play with for now. The laser is GTG under NODs. I'm not sure if I'll SBR it or not.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/204013/IMG_20171010_214752-330494.JPG
View Quote
SBR.. The answer is always SBR! Me and a buddy went around to local areas during the day last Sunday. No luck except after one set one ran past us on the road. We have plans to start going out and traveling more since the private land we have access to isn't amounting to anything anymore.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
SBR.. The answer is always SBR! Me and a buddy went around to local areas during the day last Sunday. No luck except after one set one ran past us on the road. We have plans to start going out and traveling more since the private land we have access to isn't amounting to anything anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/204013/IMG_20171010_214752-330494.JPG
i know.  i probably will, but i might wait on it.  theres no rushing this.

no luck calling coyotes?  have you killed them all or educated them?  i am amazed at how many people use the stock rabbit in distress call and wonder why nothing comes to the call.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:54:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm guessing I educated them too much. Hopefully after a full summer and most of the fall they get dumb again. I'm trying out there this weekend for fun.

I like my rabbit distress, but I got 3 different ones that are my favs. Also like bird distress and pup distresses. Ive never really had any luck with different howls other than a locater to find them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm guessing I educated them too much. Hopefully after a full summer and most of the fall they get dumb again. I'm trying out there this weekend for fun.

I like my rabbit distress, but I got 3 different ones that are my favs. Also like bird distress and pup distresses. Ive never really had any luck with different howls other than a locater to find them.
View Quote
I'm glad to hear you're trying several sounds. My buddy told me about a guy who only uses one call and wonders why he doesn't see coyotes anymore.

I've had pretty good success using howls, challenge calls, etc. Just gotta use the right one at the right time of year.

Good luck! Have fun!
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#18]
i bought zero things on BF.  i didn't NEED anything and we moved over Thanksgiving.

but here's the cool stuff... i am going hunting this weekend with a fellow ARFCOMM'er.  wish us luck! the weather seems good, hopefully the coon and coyotes will be moving and responding, especially after dark.  i will have a small trap line going as well.

ok wait, i bought some new thin film NV tubes just before Thanksgiving and had them installed into a MOD3.... so i guess thats why i have no money.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 12:59:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Ok... maybe the Turkey dinner has worn off by now for everyone, lol.

Did anyone score any bargains over the black friday weekend?

I got a new Masterbuilt smoker for $100 after rebate from Cabelas with free shipping, but no gun stuff this year
View Quote
Grabbed a Bootleg adjustable BCG from their website, and a Frankford Arsenal Platinum Tumbler for reloading... well the girlfriend grabbed that last one for me.  But those were my two items for Black Friday.

I have a Masterbuilt smoker, I'm more than happy with it, that's a good purchase.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
i bought zero things on BF.  i didn't NEED anything and we moved over Thanksgiving.

but here's the cool stuff... i am going hunting this weekend with a fellow ARFCOMM'er.  wish us luck! the weather seems good, hopefully the coon and coyotes will be moving and responding, especially after dark.  i will have a small trap line going as well.

ok wait, i bought some new thin film NV tubes just before Thanksgiving and had them installed into a MOD3.... so i guess thats why i have no money.
View Quote
Good luck to you two
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nice. How'd the move go?
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 8:20:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Nice. How'd the move go?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice. How'd the move go?
the move went pretty good.  i had moved about 3 or 4 smaller trailer (6x8) loads and filled my pickup up the same time.  i had most of the storage items and tools/gun stuff moved well in advance.  on moving day we filled my little trailer, my dads medium sized trailer and another trailer that was 102 wheel base, i think.  anyways, we filled them up to the roof and drove off after a couple hours and unloaded the same day.  unpacking sucks.  moving sucks, but worth it.  im still not unpacked entirely, especially in the garage.  but its time for hunting and trapping!
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 3:36:26 AM EDT
[#24]
I got a fancy CNC'd bolt for my 10/22.  Unfortunately the firing pin was protruding farther than the stock bolt and it ruined the back end of the chamber.    I'll refraining from naming the manufacturer until they've had a chance to fix it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I almost bought a drum set.  Ended up with new furniture and OLED TV instead.  Being an adult sucks.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#26]
just finished up my extended weekend of hunting/trapping.  got 5 possums, 5 coon, 3 beaver, 2 skunks and 1 coyote.  while not a major haul, it was still very fun.  two of the beavers were 47lb and 49lb.  the coyote, even without a tail was $20.  can't wait to go again, but im pretty sure it'll be awhile.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
just finished up my extended weekend of hunting/trapping.  got 5 possums, 5 coon, 3 beaver, 2 skunks and 1 coyote.  while not a major haul, it was still very fun.  two of the beavers were 47lb and 49lb.  the coyote, even without a tail was $20.  can't wait to go again, but im pretty sure it'll be awhile.
View Quote
Better luck than I have been having. I have got 1 skunk...lol. Hear the coyotes all the time but can't seem to sing the right call for them, so I have been thinking about getting into trapping. What do you mainly trap, public or private?
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Better luck than I have been having. I have got 1 skunk...lol. Hear the coyotes all the time but can't seem to sing the right call for them, so I have been thinking about getting into trapping. What do you mainly trap, public or private?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i do everything on private land.  my parents farm and i know pretty much all the farmers around there.  i will admit, i am very lucky.

trapping is not easy.  its hard work.  but it pays off when you carry a nearly 50lb beaver back to your truck.  i make my own coon bait, which works really well on skunks and possums as well.   i am no expert, but i've learned a lot from reading stuff on FoxPro and Trapperman.com's forums.

we were stalking and talking to 3 coyotes in my dads back fields for a couple of hours.  they would come in, but not commit.  we hunted for like 7 or 8 straight hours that night.  it was super fun though.  the full moon last weekend made it easier to coyotes and other animals to see us.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 10:41:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Those are pretty decent smokers, purist's don't care for them because they aren't true "Pit" smokers but every time I've used mine for feeding a group I never got any complaints only complements.  That was a good price as well.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#30]
@iwouldntknow has moved to TX. Rick, feel free to permaban him.

Link Posted: 1/1/2018 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Snowmagedon cometh.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Just starting to accumulate here. Oh well, got the tractor chained up and ready to roll tomorrow...They called off school before the first flakes fell too...

Link Posted: 1/22/2018 6:23:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Wow, so far they missed the hell out of that forecast. I was supposed to wake up to white-out conditions and five to ten inches of snow this morning, so I look out side and see bare grass.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#35]
We got a pretty good amount here in Valentine.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Where abouts are you?
View Quote
S. of Minden.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
S. of Minden.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where abouts are you?
S. of Minden.
Yeah, we don't have nearly the amount I thought we would have had overnight, but it's still coming down and the wind is blowing with gusts up to 34 here.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Snow started maybe around 6:30 here and it still hasn't amounted to much. The winds are making it look worse than it is right now. So happy, I thought I was going to spend all of Tues. digging out ten foot drifts at the farm and bin-site.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 11:45:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Snow started maybe around 6:30 here and it still hasn't amounted to much. The winds are making it look worse than it is right now. So happy, I thought I was going to spend all of Tues. digging out ten foot drifts at the farm and bin-site.
View Quote

I dug everything out last night at 8pm. It was all drifted or filled back in this morning. It was really wet, heavy snow here.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I dug everything out last night at 8pm. It was all drifted or filled back in this morning. It was really wet, heavy snow here.
View Quote
Yep, wet, heavy snow near Blair.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Here in Hamilton County, there's not a ton of accumulation, certainly not 10" that was called for yesterday.  Plenty of wind and blowing snow though.  I can barely see my neighbor's house across the street and nothing two doors down.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#43]
It's pretty shitty in Norfolk. Shittiest storm in a long time that I can remember.

My furnace won't turn on. It'll kick on, then shut off after about 1 minute. The fan won't turn on unless I make it turn on.  Good thing I have a fireplace and space heaters.

FML.

Link Posted: 4/20/2018 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Damnit Rick why would you jinx us?!

Link Posted: 4/20/2018 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Rick jinxed us.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Anyone get any flooding? My basement would have if I didn't notice my sump was filling up.  We don't have a pump in it, so I grabbed my shopvac and babysat it over night. I've taken just over 100 gallons out of it. On top of it all, the lid to the sump is cemented over. Why did they do that, who knows.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anyone get any flooding? My basement would have if I didn't notice my sump was filling up.  We don't have a pump in it, so I grabbed my shopvac and babysat it over night. I've taken just over 100 gallons out of it. On top of it all, the lid to the sump is cemented over. Why did they do that, who knows.
View Quote
Got some all around me, but I live on a hill of sand, so if I'm flooding, we all are fucked. We don't have it too bad though, I'll take a pic at dinner time and show you what the missouri looks like right now in the Sioux City area.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Missouri River near train bridge South Sioux City
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top