Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2015 1:27:26 PM EDT
Is anyone going to it at the end of this month?  I know there was some butthurt last year but I like some of the changes they made this time.

I think Im in squad 13.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Must be plenty of people going cause it sold out fast.   Dad and I will be there for the 4th year.

Too many people judge the match on what they did or didn't win in the raffle. It's much more enjoyable when you focus on the stages and awesome people you meet.  Then the prize is secondary and a bonus.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Must be plenty of people going cause it sold out fast.   Dad and I will be there for the 4th year.

Too many people judge the match on what they did or didn't win in the raffle. It's much more enjoyable when you focus on the stages and awesome people you meet.  Then the prize is secondary and a bonus.
View Quote

Agreed. This will be my 4th year as well. I'm not great and just go for the experience and fun. Anything from the prize table is just a bonus.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:38:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be running prizes again.

We don't have the resources to make tags detailing what's inside a "mystery bag", and the shooters don't have the time for 300 people to read tags like that.  It's not the best, but a bag of stuff is better than walking away with a single bottle of gun oil or a beer coozy.  On the plus side, we've worked hard to get more guns on the table this year.

I didn't shoot the volunteer match (i.e., dress rehearsal) this year, so I can't tell you what to expect.  But, two important things carry over from last year:
1) Be safe - we don't want DQs for safety violations.
2) Know your zero and hold overs/unders

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Strat,  We've been studying the stage layouts trying to get an idea of what's going on but we only shoot a 3g match once a year so we just run it like everybody else.  Slow enough to not get dq'd and fast enough to feel good about ourselves.  Seems like the stage outlines are much more vague this year.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Seems like the stage outlines are much more vague this year.
View Quote

I know what you mean.  I noticed that as well.  

Jerry & Kay Miculek are back this year.  I got to meet them today and they are class acts.  Very nice people.

Jessie Duff is also shooting the match.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't know Jerry was back, sweet!
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't see Jessie Duff.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I didn't see Jessie Duff.
View Quote

I did.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Strat thanks for all your hard work with the prize tables.

Another awesome shoot. As usual I just did ok, but had a fantastic time. The stages were well designed, and there were more than 1 that I would have loved to run again (the rifle forest stage for sure).

And got to watch Jerry run a few stages as they were right behind us. This might be shocking to hear, but he's good.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Another awesome shoot. As usual I just did ok, but had a fantastic time. The stages were well designed, and there were more than 1 that I would have loved to run again (the rifle forest stage for sure).

And got to watch Jerry run a few stages as they were right behind us. This might be shocking to hear, but he's good.
View Quote

The stages were great. I was amateur class for fun and ran my beta c mag on the rifle forest one. I achieved my goal of not going over par time too. Over 100 guns on the prize table was awesome., my dad got a glock and I got a flashlight. My friend was called 3rd from last but still got some good stuff.

Jerry signed my shotgun I had Tom Knapp sign 10 years earlier so I am happy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the kind words.

And yes, Miculek is some kind of cyborg.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top