Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2014 12:54:03 PM EDT
So im building a 300 AR, so obviously I want to shoot it suppressed. I think I understand the process on obtaining one, picking one out at a dealer and paying for it, then getting your Form 1 signed by CLEO, and sending it in to the ATF with a check. Wait until it approves, then pick up your new can. (correct me if I am wrong)

But I would like to know how those who already have one got yours. I heard stories on how the CLEO rarely will sign, so did you just get lucky, or did you go the alternate route and use a trust? I know there are posting all over the web, but i want to hear from a Nebraska resident who has actually went through the process. I have many questions and I am kinda lost and overwhelmed on where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Steps...
Get trust through Dick
Go to American Reaper in Bennett or Moeller Arms in LaVista
Buy suppressor, sales tax and NFA tax
Send off Form 4
Wait
Wait
Wait
Wait
Go back and pick up after approved.

You can shoot my SDN on the 29th.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#3]
You can shoot my SF556-212 on the 29th too. IIRC Scott's gonna be there? Good guy, he'll steer you straight.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Helps to know what part of the state you're in
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#5]
oh right lol lancaster county is where im at. and i can talk to most of you on the 29th. thanks for the replies!
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

oh right lol lancaster county is where im at. and i can talk to most of you on the 29th. thanks for the replies!
View Quote
That county is going to be tough ish

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats what i heard, and why i thought id ask people who have gone through the process before to see what would work best for me. ik u can register them to a trust, but i have no clue what all that entails.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:46:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

thats what i heard, and why i thought id ask people who have gone through the process before to see what would work best for me. ik u can register them to a trust, but i have no clue what all that entails.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

there is a lot of paperwork, money paid up front and lots of waiting.  but the end result is worth it.

the ATF 41P crap is supposed to come through early 2015, so i would jump on it fast and get it done.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 7:17:20 AM EDT
[#9]
So i didn't know what 41P was so i looked it up quick. the atf is wanting to discontinue registering nfa items to trusts and corporations, correct? i didn't see any dates (but then again i just looked it up quick) or purposed dates on when this could take effect. if that is they decide to do this.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 7:45:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So i didn't know what 41P was so i looked it up quick. the atf is wanting to discontinue registering nfa items to trusts and corporations, correct? i didn't see any dates (but then again i just looked it up quick) or purposed dates on when this could take effect. if that is they decide to do this.
View Quote

the ATF wants to make all trusts and trustees get fingerprints, photographed and CLEO sign off.  supposedly, it will prevent prohibited people from obtaining NFA firearms, which i don't even know if it has happened as of yet.  lots of discussion on the NFA sections on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

the ATF wants to make all trusts and trustees get fingerprints, photographed and CLEO sign off.  supposedly, it will prevent prohibited people from obtaining NFA firearms, which i don't even know if it has happened as of yet.  lots of discussion on the NFA sections on ARFCOM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i will most definitely check that out then, thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top