Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/8/2014 11:32:54 AM EDT

This event is limited to the first 15 shooters to sign up. Shooters will compete against each other in several stages that will emphasize marksmanship, speed, and performance under both physical and mental pressure. Each stage will be scored individually to determine your ranking and then points will be awarded based off of that ranking. 1 point for 1st, 2 points for 2nd and so on. Whoever has the lowest number of points after completing all stages wins.

Registration Fee - $50.00
Time - 8:00am until complete

Prizes
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will receive a cash prize gathered from a portion of all the entrance fees divided into
50 - 30 - 20% amounts. The more shooters that enter, the larger the payout will be. There will also be a small prize table that shooters will draw from based on what place they finish.

As of now there are 8 stages of fire. (ONE STAGE WILL HAVE A MACHINE GUN ON IT)
You will use 102 rifle rounds with all first round hits so I would recommend bringing an even 200rds.  
You will use 68 pistol rounds with all first round hits so I would recommend 200rds for that (THERE MAY BE A GLOCK 18 TO TRY OUT AFTERWARDS)

link to the event page: http://www.dcprecisionllc.com/dc-precision-shootout.html

1. DirtyHandsRob
2. BJF
3. TLA1
4. Olaf
5. IWouldntKnow
6. GSD
7. BKoenig
8. ZNold
9. AHodgin
10. MaxMuscle
11. Griffin
12. Savida
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
4 spots filled. 11 left.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Out of town or I'd be there
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You suck. At least you won't have to fall to my prowess

Should I wear full gear again and NVGs?
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
im very interested, but i didn't see anything in your post about location and date, but from looking around its Sunday June 29th, at your location by Firth correct?

also is this more geared towards the experienced competitors or are all experiences welcomed?

and then lastly, how many spots remaining?
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will if you will
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
im very interested, but i didn't see anything in your post about location and date, but from looking around its Sunday June 29th, at your location by Firth correct?

also is this more geared towards the experienced competitors or are all experiences welcomed?

and then lastly, how many spots remaining?
View Quote

You are correct, this is going to take place at Nebraska Shooters by Firth. All experience levels are welcome, the only stipulation is that everyone conduct themselves in a safe manner and obeys the 4 rules of safe gun handling.

As of today, 5 of the 15 spots are filled.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 10:48:35 PM EDT
[#7]
6 spots filled. 9 open.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]
There has been one change, we will be utilizing a different facility now located outside of Bennet. Everyone will meet at American Reaper Arms no later than 8:00am. We will then proceed to the range from there.

Also one requirement not previously mentioned, everyone will need a minimum of 3 pistol magazines.

8 spots are now filled, 7 still available.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I will if you will
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will if you will

You're on.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#10]
any spots still open? my buddy wont go with me but i think ill go by myself!
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You're on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will if you will

You're on.

You weirdos have inspired me....not to wear body armor and nvgs, but to do something totally goofy on one of the stages...
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You weirdos have inspired me....not to wear body armor and nvgs, but to do something totally goofy on one of the stages...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will if you will

You're on.

2x NVG Cola Warrior champ. Bring it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Dont worry, its been broughten!
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Not to frighten the competition.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#15]
So i just got a seat in this comp.. ive never done a shoot like this before and was wondering what atire would be appropriate. I have a shooting MOLLE vest with mag pouch for my AR mags, and pouch for my glock mags. and a side leg  holster for my G17. Am i GTG or do i need something else?
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#16]
This is my first day back to work after vacation. Pity, I had a really good time at the other one I attended.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 11:45:57 PM EDT
[#17]
10 slots filled, 5 left.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 9:33:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

So i just got a seat in this comp.. ive never done a shoot like this before and was wondering what atire would be appropriate. I have a shooting MOLLE vest with mag pouch for my AR mags, and pouch for my glock mags. and a side leg  holster for my G17. Am i GTG or do i need something else?
View Quote
I haven't done this competition before but I've done plenty of multigun which I'm guessing is similar.  Your gear sounds like it should be good.  Not sure if you need a sling for this but I'm bringing one.  That and all my gamer gear.    Going to use my SBR instead of my multigun rifle though...that's getting loaned to a friend.
This will probably be the closest we've had to a HTF shoot!  Maybe we should all wear "Hi My Name Is" tags with our screen names

Link Posted: 6/12/2014 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I haven't done this competition before but I've done plenty of multigun which I'm guessing is similar.  Your gear sounds like it should be good.  Not sure if you need a sling for this but I'm bringing one.  That and all my gamer gear.    Going to use my SBR instead of my multigun rifle though...that's getting loaned to a friend.

This will probably be the closest we've had to a HTF shoot!  Maybe we should all wear "Hi My Name Is" tags with our screen names

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GREAT IDEA

WAIT WUT?
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hi, my name is no babysitter, so i cant go.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 10:45:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Find one. Do or do not, there is no try.

My name is Ben Ghazi
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I told you on the NFOA forum, tactical baby carrier.

Link Posted: 6/12/2014 11:11:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6pwvpgTh51rvhbxso1_1280.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would it be illegal if she ran pistol when i run rifle?
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 11:22:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you would just win by default.

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So much winning in that photo!

Anyways, a typical 3 gun style setup will treat you well for this. We will probably be running grounding boxes so a sling might not be necessary but if you have one bring it along. Once everyone sends in their registration packets I will put an email list together and put out whatever pertinent details need to be addressed.

And yes, name tags with screen names sounds like a great idea!
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i have a velcro name tape on the back of my vest, and its close to my username so im GTG!

also does anyone know what distances we will be shooting at? ill be able to shoot this weekend and need to re-zero my AR since its set up for 200 yards!
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
i have a velcro name tape on the back of my vest, and its close to my username so im GTG!

also does anyone know what distances we will be shooting at? ill be able to shoot this weekend and need to re-zero my AR since its set up for 200 yards!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're zeroed for 200 you should be fine to hold dead on for anything from 25 - 300.  It's not like we'll be bullseye shooting.  

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If you're zeroed for 200 you should be fine to hold dead on for anything from 25 - 300.  It's not like we'll be bullseye shooting.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that is true, maybe ill just re-zero to 100 yards..
any idea for pistol targets distances? im terrible  with handguns and seeing how i have the ability to shoot on my father in law to be's property i might as well practice!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

any idea for pistol targets distances? im terrible  with handguns and seeing how i have the ability to shoot on my father in law to be's property i might as well practice!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

dude... don't stress yourself out.  just be safe, shoot straight, learn something and have fun.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#30]
IDK about this event, but multigun matches typically won't have any pistol targets beyond 20-25 yards and most of them much closer than that.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#31]
dude... don't stress yourself out.  just be safe, shoot straight, learn something and have fun.
View Quote

lol no im not stressing out at all i was just curious. i never shoot a pistol past like 10 yards so i figure if i were to shoot this weekend id at least get a feel for the distance.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
IDK about this event, but multigun matches typically won't have any pistol targets beyond 20-25 yards and most of them much closer than that.  
View Quote

I will give everyone two bits of advice.

1. A 100 yard zero on your rifle will serve you the best for this event. Accuracy will be a substantial portion on one stage in particular so keep that in mind.

2. Know how your pistol shoots out to 50 yards...

I will leave it at that for now. Later tonight I will post up a video of one of the new obstacles that we just finished building today for one of the stages as well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#33]
its a good thing i went out shooting yesterday, once my gas block heated up it became loose! hopefully some loctite in the set screw threads will do the trick. and 50 yard pistol shots? lol i might just embarrass myself on that portion oh well it'll still be fun!

oh yeah and for those interested, a week prior on the 22 is the Black Rifle Challenge at the Ikes! might be a good setting to tune your rifles in before the Carbine Shootout! last time it was just 200 yards paper targets from bench, and prone supported. then steel chickens at 200 from sitting/kneeling. probably expect to see the same this time as well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
its a good thing i went out shooting yesterday, once my gas block heated up it became loose! hopefully some loctite in the set screw threads will do the trick. and 50 yard pistol shots? lol i might just embarrass myself on that portion oh well it'll still be fun!

oh yeah and for those interested, a week prior on the 22 is the Black Rifle Challenge at the Ikes! might be a good setting to tune your rifles in before the Carbine Shootout! last time it was just 200 yards paper targets from bench, and prone supported. then steel chickens at 200 from sitting/kneeling. probably expect to see the same this time as well.
View Quote

Im planning on being out there at Ikes
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Who's brining the grill?
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
Hopefully I can make it on the 22nd.  I went to the first one but missed the second one.

Link Posted: 6/14/2014 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Who's brining the grill?
View Quote

I prefer a nice rub on my grills, instead of brining them.

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hopefully I can make it on the 22nd.  I went to the first one but missed the second one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the second one was a lot better IMO. we started right at 9 w/sight in's and i was in my car leaving at 12. We shot chickens instead of hogs which they assured us would fall over if hit with 55gr bullets.....they did not. lol still a fun time tho!
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 9:40:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Did a little shooting yesterday....Looks like I can at least keep most of my shots on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper at 50 yards with my pistol.  Of course the front sight just about completely covers it at that range.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Thats way better than me. I used my rangefinder to go out exactly 50 yards and was high left on paper. must have been pushing the trigger, the more i shoot my glock the more i want something different... my ar was dead on at 100 tho. until i started shooting faster. my dang gas block keeps moving and i have no idea why!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Is it a set screw block or a clamp on?  You might want to order a clamp on, they hold tighter.  If it is a set screw is the barrel dimpled for the screw?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Is it a set screw block or a clamp on?  You might want to order a clamp on, they hold tighter.  If it is a set screw is the barrel dimpled for the screw?
View Quote

its a set screw block, and the barrel has a dimple, but i cant get the block seated against the shoulder tight enough for the screw to fully seat in the dimple.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#43]
What brand of gas block are you using? Aluminum or steel? Depending on what your hand guard is and the length a clamp on might not fit under it. With my Troy rail and YHM Clamp on it was a no go.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What brand of gas block are you using? Aluminum or steel? Depending on what your hand guard is and the length a clamp on might not fit under it. With my Troy rail and YHM Clamp on it was a no go.
View Quote

im using magpul moe handguards with a dpms alum gb. i took it apart today and noticed the set screws arent even in the dimple of the barrel. its like the handguards are just slightly long enough to keep the block and handguard cap from bottoming out on the barrel shoulder.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Im going... i gots a babysitter. Heres to coming in last.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

yup a new dimple is exactly what im going to do. i just hope it works if not im gonna have to use my backup ar for the shoot /:
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

im using magpul moe handguards with a dpms alum gb. i took it apart today and noticed the set screws arent even in the dimple of the barrel. its like the handguards are just slightly long enough to keep the block and handguard cap from bottoming out on the barrel shoulder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If i remember correctly a feont sight post is slightly longer then a gas block.

Also you might be seeing some issues with the gas block becuase it is aluminum. That aluminum is growing alot when it gets hot comparrd to the steel parts.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:03:04 AM EDT
[#49]
yeah thats what i thought. im gonna drill a new dimple specifically for the type of set screw i have and put red loctite on both screws. i also ordered a clamp low pro GB for a 300 blackout build im doin so if that gets here i may just throw it on
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#50]
anyone feel like carpooling?  i have no rush to get back into town after the shoot and wouldn't mind sticking around to help clean up or shoot the stages again, if we are allowed too and if i have ammo left over.  i have spots for 5 or 6.  ill post this on NFOA too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top