Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2013 8:24:38 AM EDT
Newish to the area and may start taking advantage of some online deals.

Does anyone have a preferred FFL for cheap transfers in the Omaha/Bellevue area?
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I like to use Rod at Moeller Arms.  Also you should really consider joining the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association.
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like to use Rob at Moeller Arms.  Also you should really consider joining the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association.
View Quote
Rod

His transfer fee went up to 30 a transfer

Link Posted: 11/27/2013 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Rod

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like to use Rob at Moeller Arms.  Also you should really consider joining the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association.
Rod

Woops......yes Rod.  I'll fix my post.
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for Rod

+1 for NFOA

on an unrelated note: anyone see their billboards in Omaha?
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cheap: Four Aces Pawn in North O $15 transfers

Of course, I hope you have a CCW if you're going there.  
View Quote

This!!! Good people up there.

You will be compelled to register if you transfer it to them.
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 6:25:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I didn't know that 4 Aces did transfers. I could walk there.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Zombie tactical in Bellevue! You won't find better deals!
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
+1 for Rod

+1 for NFOA
View Quote

+1 on that.  Rod is good people.  He may not be cheapest, but he's a nice guy and does a TON of work for gun rights.  Support him because he fights for your right to own and carry guns.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#12]
So I've noticed that no one has mentioned The Bullet Hole yet.  Is there anything wrong with them?  Just asking since I just bought a membership there and was intent on using them for this purpose but I really don't know the people there at all so I was just curious.  Thanks in advance for any insight.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

So I've noticed that no one has mentioned The Bullet Hole yet.  Is there anything wrong with them?  Just asking since I just bought a membership there and was intent on using them for this purpose but I really don't know the people there at all so I was just curious.  Thanks in advance for any insight.
View Quote
Since you bought a membership the transfer fee might be reasonable

If i recall, they charge 40.00 for a transfer if youre not a member. It may have changed.

TBH is staffed buy some pretty arrogant people.

Link Posted: 1/10/2014 9:48:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, I never got the warm fuzzies when I went in there.  I wondered if it was more like a clique' kind of thing and if you weren't in it you never would be.  Not that anyone was ever rude to me, just not particularly welcoming.  Granted, I never dropped any serious coin there so to them I probably seemed more like a window shopper.  FYI they charge $20 for members but I don't know if that's per form or per item.  I've been thinking of grabbing a few lowers but the thought of adding the fee to each one irks me.  Maybe they'll agree to $20 for #1 and $10 per additional item on the same form like I've heard of some people doing.  Going to have to make a phone call I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 3:12:02 AM EDT
[#15]
bullet hole = garbage

i tried them and never again.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I like to use Rod at Moeller Arms.  Also you should really consider joining the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association.
View Quote
I'm late to the party, but this is all the information you need.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

TBH has a bad rep.  I dunno why.  I had a membership there a few yrs ago, but let it lapse and joined ENGC.  I still use TBH for FFL and odds n ends.  I drop in there once inna while to bullshit n look around.  Mike is my main POC in there...
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 2:31:10 AM EDT
[#18]
has anyone used Moeller to ship a firearm to another FFL? I assume he charges a fee. Or should I just do it myself via UPS?
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 5:19:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
has anyone used Moeller to ship a firearm to another FFL? I assume he charges a fee. Or should I just do it myself via UPS?
View Quote

Handgun or long gun?  If it's a handgun it might be cheaper through Moeller.

I've always used UPS for long guns.  They like you to leave the box open and have a copy of the receiving FFL inside.  I tell them "I'm shipping a "______" and I have a copy of the receiving FFL inside".  I've had them look inside the box only once.   Then I'll finish taping up the box.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
Used Rod to ship a handgun last year to a Florida FFL, only charged me $40.00 and he did the shipping/handling!

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#21]
BH is crap. They charge $40 (or $20 with membership) per item. So if you order a few lowers....boom, over $100 in transfer fees alone. Cocky, arrogant, assholes, know it alls (even thought they don't know shit). Lost a transfer of my dads for 3 days. Logged it in and lost it...WTF right!

DB guns is a good one. He is out of his house in Papillion. $20 or $25 cant remember. Only charges additional $5 if he has to start another form, so more than 4 or 5 items is additional $5.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top