Author
Damn these electric sex pants!
Military
Posted: 7/22/2010 2:05:13 PM
Anyone have a reccomendation on a who to get with about setting up an NFA trust?
"Upon further review, we have determined that the string itself is not a machinegun" -BATFE
AJ_Engineer
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/22/2010 4:15:03 PM
I have no idea, curious myself if anyone knows.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Engineer5
First in, Last out
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/23/2010 2:02:04 PM
The wife and I had our Trust's done at Fraser Stryker in down town Omaha. Couldn't be happier. They are Revocable Living Trust. You don't have to specifically have a NFA trust. I told them I wanted to make sure I could buy NFA toys with it. They said it would. I'm currently waiting for my suppressor stamp. Should only be a few more weeks. A good friend of mine had his family trust's done at FS also. He's done two suppressors with it.
-Nemo me impune lacesset.

-Beware the fury of a patient man.

-Thousands and thousands of laws....All for just ten commandments.

-"alot" is not a word.
MFS1589
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/23/2010 4:00:55 PM
Originally Posted By Engineer5:
The wife and I had our Trust's done at Fraser Stryker in down town Omaha. Couldn't be happier. They are Revocable Living Trust. You don't have to specifically have a NFA trust. I told them I wanted to make sure I could buy NFA toys with it. They said it would. I'm currently waiting for my suppressor stamp. Should only be a few more weeks. A good friend of mine had his family trust's done at FS also. He's done two suppressors with it.

Cost? What did it run you to work with him?
Engineer5
First in, Last out
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/23/2010 8:27:53 PM
If I remember correctly is was just over $500.00. It was a younger attorney in the firm. I'm not at home so I can't look up his name but I want to say his last name is Gunin or something like that.
-Nemo me impune lacesset.

-Beware the fury of a patient man.

-Thousands and thousands of laws....All for just ten commandments.

-"alot" is not a word.
Rick_NE
The storm is brewing...
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/23/2010 11:55:41 PM
[Last Edit: 7/23/2010 11:56:16 PM by Rick_NE]
I'm pretty sure Exeter Arms can do it much cheaper than that, if you are just wanting it for the guns.
"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing."
NRA Life Member, Secretary, NFOA Board of Directors
Nebraska residents: Please join and support the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association WWW.NEBRASKAFIREARMS.ORG
DirtyHandsRob
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/24/2010 1:42:02 PM
rob told me he bought the computer software that lawyers use. he charges $50 for the formation of the trust. if you have any questions, just call him. he'll answer it or call you back. you also have to get the trust notarized.
LitlRat
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/28/2010 11:35:15 AM
I did mine with Rob at Exeter Arms. They charge $50 and it works. Got one can so far. Had it notarized at the local bank in Exeter.
NRA Life Member, CCRKBA member, NFOA Board of Directors, 2009 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Recipient
Krylancelo
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/28/2010 2:42:57 PM
What is the benefit of setting this up? Sorry, completely not familiar with trusts.
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” - Sigmund Freud
DirtyHandsRob
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/28/2010 2:52:19 PM
basically, you can get any class 3 weapon with out the CLEO sign off, fingerprints, photos, etc. rob has a quick over view on his exeter arms website. he's the only class 3 dealer that i really talk to, the other ones seemed to busy or didn't care about my business.

so do the trust and keep the LEO's in the dark b/c its not any of their business what things i have. everything is still within the law. if you're looking for some class 3 info, the Armory section here is full of information.