Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2010 10:05:13 AM EDT
Anyone have a reccomendation on a who to get with about setting up an NFA trust?
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no idea, curious myself if anyone knows.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#2]
The wife and I had our Trust's done at Fraser Stryker in down town Omaha.   Couldn't be happier.  They are Revocable Living Trust.  You don't have to specifically have a NFA trust.  I told them I wanted to make sure I could buy NFA toys with it.  They said it would.  I'm currently waiting for my suppressor stamp.  Should only be a few more weeks.  A good friend of mine had his family trust's done at FS also.  He's done two suppressors with it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The wife and I had our Trust's done at Fraser Stryker in down town Omaha.   Couldn't be happier.  They are Revocable Living Trust.  You don't have to specifically have a NFA trust.  I told them I wanted to make sure I could buy NFA toys with it.  They said it would.  I'm currently waiting for my suppressor stamp.  Should only be a few more weeks.  A good friend of mine had his family trust's done at FS also.  He's done two suppressors with it.

Cost? What did it run you to work with him?
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#4]
If I remember correctly is was just over $500.00.  It was a younger attorney in the firm.  I'm not at home so I can't look up his name but I want to say his last name is Gunin or something like that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty sure Exeter Arms can do it much cheaper than that, if you are just wanting it for the guns.

Link Posted: 7/24/2010 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#6]
rob told me he bought the computer software that lawyers use.  he charges $50 for the formation of the trust.  if you have any questions, just call him.  he'll answer it or call you back.  you also have to get the trust notarized.
Link Posted: 7/28/2010 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I did mine with Rob at Exeter Arms. They charge $50 and it works. Got one can so far. Had it notarized at the local bank in Exeter.
Link Posted: 7/28/2010 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#8]
What is the benefit of setting this up? Sorry, completely not familiar with trusts.
Link Posted: 7/28/2010 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#9]
basically, you can get any class 3 weapon with out the CLEO sign off, fingerprints, photos, etc.  rob has a quick over view on his exeter arms website.  he's the only class 3 dealer that i really talk to, the other ones seemed to busy or didn't care about my business.

so do the trust and keep the LEO's in the dark b/c its not any of their business what things i have.  everything is still within the law.  if you're looking for some class 3 info, the Armory section here is full of information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top