Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2016 12:57:04 PM EDT
My wife and I are looking to spend some time in Alaska around Juneau and are looking to possibly take a one week cruise departing and returning from Juneau.  I would like to have a ccw for the rest of the time and was wondering if you all had any recommendations on a place in Juneau I could secure my pistol while on the cruise.  

Thanks in advance for any advise.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
check with your hotel if they have a front desk safe , maybe the police station or a table top FFL
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
check with your hotel if they have a front desk safe , maybe the police station or a table top FFL
View Quote

If it was a FFL they'd have to put it on the books and OP couldn't pick it up after.  Gotta be state resident for handgun transfers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't trust any hotel in town. The police would be a pain to work with and may not be willing to take a gun to hold. Find a local who is willing and trustworthy, or just use one of their guns. I have one, all others were lost. IM me with your needs and caliber choice.

Feel free to contact me with names and further info.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 1:45:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Checkmate Pawn.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 3:13:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#6]
In stead of an ffl what about a gunsmith
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#8]
How about a bank safety deposit box....
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:40:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last I heard, laws about guns in bank vaults got... weird a few years ago.  Couldn't tell you what they are though.  It was a NFA discussion I was kinda skimming in the armory section.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:53:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Gunsmiths/FFLs/Pawnshops all follow the same rules as far as transfers go

(They all have FFL's)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(They all have FFL's)

I realize they have ffl's however the records they keep are different that's why I wasn't sure.  You don't have to fill out a 4473 when getting your gun back from the gunsmith like you would if you pawned a gun or put a gun on consignment at a gun shop.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:22:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I realize they have ffl's however the records they keep are different that's why I wasn't sure.  You don't have to fill out a 4473 when getting your gun back from the gunsmith like you would if you pawned a gun or put a gun on consignment at a gun shop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

(They all have FFL's)

That only qualifies IF they are present for the work or it is less than one business day.  Over that it goes in the A&D.  That is kind of a weird legal spot that would need a lot of research though, as in a different one...  So I donno but wouldn't bet my ass on it.  I can't see a smith risking his business on an IF though.

Does a gunsmith need to enter every firearm received for adjustment or repair into an acquisition and disposition (A&D) record?

If a firearm is brought in for repairs and the owner waits while it is being repaired, or if the gunsmith is able to return the firearm to the owner during the same business day, it is not necessary to list the firearm in the A&D record as an “acquisition.” If the gunsmith has possession of the firearm from one business day to another or longer, the firearm must be recorded as an “acquisition” and a “disposition” in the A&D record.

Is an ATF Form 4473 required when a gunsmith returns a repaired firearm?

No, provided the firearm is returned to the person from whom it was received.

[27 CFR 478.124(a) and 478.147]
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Your better off asking to borrow a pistol while you are here.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#13]
They used to have small lockers fo rent at the bowling alley.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Public transportation locations have lockers for rent.  Put gun in bag, place bag in locker, and go on in life. Take a glock or something common place and cheap, so if it is stolen, it's no biggie. Plus that, all gunowners have insurance, so if it is stolen, you'll get it replaced.

Problem solved.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:51:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes, gunsmith. Dropped off for "cleaning". Who cares if it's on the books. It's not being transferred.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:10:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yes, gunsmith. Dropped off for "cleaning". Who cares if it's on the books. It's not being transferred.
View Quote

Probably the gunsmith, that would get in deep shit if he was inspected and had stuff off the books. 
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 6:05:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Public transportation locations have lockers for rent.  Put gun in bag, place bag in locker, and go on in life. Take a glock or something common place and cheap, so if it is stolen, it's no biggie. Plus that, all gunowners have insurance, so if it is stolen, you'll get it replaced.

Problem solved.....
View Quote

What, we have a magic insurance fairy???
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:31:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not sure I know of these "public transportation places" you speak of with lockers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem solved.....

Not sure I know of these "public transportation places" you speak of with lockers

Sure as hell have never seen them in Fairbanks or Anchorage.    Now big cities at train stations and the like, yeah.  Outside of Seattle, I haven't seen one anywhere I've lived.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:50:33 AM EDT
[#20]
I think you can survive Juneau without a ccw… lol
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think you can survive Juneau without a ccw… lol
View Quote
Juneau is the robbery capital of the state... Hell the state mafia is run from there...

Here is a photo of their HQ...

http://www.alaska.org/photos/gallery3/var/albums/Locations/Alaska-State-Capitol-Building/2013-01.jpg?m=1361185217
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#22]
That's not Juneau, The sky is clear, Or did the Gov. steal the clouds?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:11:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That's not Juneau, The sky is clear, Or did the Gov. steal the clouds?
View Quote
They taxed the guys running the weather machine.  Using that to pay for their chef for when they are in session. 
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:05:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Last I heard, laws about guns in bank vaults got... weird a few years ago.  Couldn't tell you what they are though.  It was a NFA discussion I was kinda skimming in the armory section.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They don't know what you put in there. They don't watch. If your regular bank has a branch in Juneau then it could be an option. Not that I have one in one somewhere...but maybe just saying
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top