Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2016 10:04:24 PM EDT
I have a friend that has one for sale, 140000, new transmission, starter, alternator. There are dings and scratches all over the truck, but no major dents. Drives a little looser than I'm used too, and you feel every bump in the road. Good deal?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:20:21 AM EDT
[#1]
KBB says in good condition with the info you posted, that's only worth $9,100 give or take.  I did price that using the standard SLT info with no extras, blue paint, and the "good" condition btw.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:52:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I would not pay $18k for a 10 year old truck. Unless it was pristine and then maybe.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#4]
it's a hell of a truck and the engine will last forever but I went through 4 transmissions in 5 years with mine.  interior is very utilitarian.  Yes they ride rough but the engine will last forever.  Rumor was that Cummings offered a 1,000,000 mile warrantee on their engine and dodge said no because they couldn't build a truck that would last that long.  Either way in good condition 9-10 would be as high as I would go on it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
KBB says in good condition with the info you posted, that's only worth $9,100 give or take.  I did price that using the standard SLT info with no extras, blue paint, and the "good" condition btw.
View Quote

NADA says the 5.9l turbo diesel adds $8000 to the price...
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:51:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My experience is with Fords, so I can't add much meaningful insight worth a post.

Books don't buy trucks or guns.  It sounds like the truck was used pretty rough, judging by your description.  If you are going to haul heavy loads over long distances I'd prefer a diesel.  If not, go gas.

$8000 buys a couple gas engines.

YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top