Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2016 1:31:19 AM EDT
Sometime or another I'd like to drive up Donnelly Dome again for some photos but you have to get permits and stuff now.  Never done this so I thought I'd ask in case it's a giant pain in the ass.

https://usartrak.isportsman.net/default.aspx
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 7:04:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Got one every year when I worked at Ft. Greely.

Piece of cake. You can go into the badging station at FGA on your way to Donnelly and get one (Monday through Friday) and you can probably do the same thing at Wainwright.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#2]
It's all done on that website now Frank

I used it every time I went hunting down there.  Pretty easy to use and won't let you get a pass for areas that are closed down.  Just get your pass and then call in the day you are going out.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys Figure I'm working on places for with my I'm fixed or last huzzah before I have to move road trips. Still no idea on which yet, but I'd like to go up the dalton, down to Seward, then the long way back to town through Delta and Glennallen as my master plan. Take a few days/week and haul camera gear with.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:08:10 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a pretty user friendly system, I am involved with it from the enforcement side of things.  

Register an account, print your permit, and sign into training areas prior to heading to the field.  

Make sure to carry your printed permit on you while recreating.  Every person age 16 or above with you needs to have a permit.  My advice is to sign into every open training area in the area you plan to recreate, that way if for some reason you want to deviate from your plan in the field you are good to go.  

The GPS map app is a nice tool; the iSportsman website also has copies of FWA regulation 190-13 and regulation supplement available.  Definitely read those before heading out.  

PM me if you have any questions or comments.  353-7535 is our conservation officer duty phone.  If you're ever in the field and have a question, or see something suspicious, give 'em a call.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:31:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a pretty user friendly system, I am involved with it from the enforcement side of things.  

Register an account, print your permit, and sign into training areas prior to heading to the field.  

Make sure to carry your printed permit on you while recreating.  Every person age 16 or above with you needs to have a permit.  My advice is to sign into every open training area in the area you plan to recreate, that way if for some reason you want to deviate from your plan in the field you are good to go.  

The GPS map app is a nice tool; the iSportsman website also has copies of FWA regulation 190-13 and regulation supplement available.  Definitely read those before heading out.  

PM me if you have any questions or comments.  353-7535 is our conservation officer duty phone.  If you're ever in the field and have a question, or see something suspicious, give 'em a call.  

View Quote

Sweet.  Thanks  Probably won't be this summer due to medical but I'd like to get out there again sometime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top