Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2016 5:56:04 PM EDT
It mostly looks like the usual "berm must be X high or habitable buildings Y distance away" but thought I'd pass it on.

http://co.fairbanks.ak.us/assembly/OrdinanceResolutions/2015-67.pdf
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 6:18:55 AM EDT
[#1]
So the resolution passed tonight.  That ought to be interesting.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No sarcasm intended, but what is interesting about it?  Is this about the Beruit range off Cushman?

What happened to prompt this resolution?
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No sarcasm intended, but what is interesting about it?  Is this about the Beruit range off Cushman?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not rightly sure, but the borough changing zoning law to make things more restrictive is something I don't appreciate.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:15:45 AM EDT
[#4]
So I found out today why the zoning change.  Some jackasses built a range IN a housing area off Brock Rd in North Pole.  Apparently it was legal until the zoning change.  In this case, I can't complain too much because that was a bit of a jackass move.  Legal, yes.  Still a jackass move.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:07:16 AM EDT
[#5]
From what I heard, the guy was running carbine classes out of the range and the backstop was lacking.  

Just second hand info.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:26:09 AM EDT
[#7]
The comments on that article are pretty telling.  

Obviously we are all for more ranges; but running carbine classes out of a residential area isn't going to earn the firearms community any friends.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:23:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Holy hell, I didn't know it was that bad I was tempted to see if they needed any photo work done back when they started out (I assumed they were way out on CHSR) but I'm very happy I didn't.

Jesus Christ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top