Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 3:47:32 AM EDT
Just a heads up, tried to order some 123's from amazon. They will not ship them here anymore, after doing some searching around, looks like lithium's cannot be shipped via air freight anymore.

Only place I can find them in bulk, was REI 12 pack for $30. Freddie's had them $16 for a 2 pack.

Anyone else know of place that sells them at a reasonable price?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just a heads up, tried to order some 123's from amazon. They will not ship them here anymore, after doing some searching around, looks like lithium's cannot be shipped via air freight anymore.

Only place I can find them in bulk, was REI 12 pack for $30. Freddie's had them $16 for a 2 pack.

Anyone else know of place that sells them at a reasonable price?
View Quote

Batteries plus has them for $2 each.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Amazon. They would not ship a tire for my sons motorcycle and a repair manual. Yes a bike is hazardous, But...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#4]
You can't even carry lithium batteries in your air plane luggage.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:56:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I just order em from Primary Arms.  Usually a few bucks cheaper.

I also just got to checkout to the point of picking my credit card (I don't want to order em) on these guys.  $17 and change for 10 Energizer

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001G54ILA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3N6YTKEZ20Q8X&coliid=I10AHL38H0PT6
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:34:55 AM EDT
[#6]
From my faulty memory back when the regulations changed: Yes, they can fly on planes if they are in the devices they are for; otherwise almost no small personal electronic in the last 5 years or more could be on a plane.

They can even be flown up to some qty if they are stored such that they cannot be turned on or short circuit and start a fire (Spares Carrier, anyone?). No they cannot be flown in bulk without being labelled hazmat and packaged appropriately.

Northern Security sells Surefire boxes of 12 for about $25 (I bought a box, put the 2 I needed in the flashlight that needed them, and promptly placed the box somewhere I wouldn't lose it after which I even more promptly lost the box). I'm sure that Great Northern Guns and Alaska Tactical have them as well. I expect the big box sporting goods stores do as well.

Buy American, or at least Japanese made lithiums. You don't want the cheap lithium batteries. Read here. And here.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:58:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:09:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good old Amazon

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Good old Amazon

Special Shipping Information: Due to federal and international regulations, this product can only be shipped within the 50 states.

Why are we always treated like we live on the moon??
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I carry several in my carry on everytime I travel
View Quote
I just checked.  TSA updated the prohibited items list again.  There's nothing about batteries except for spillable batteries.  And now there's a list of what foods are or aren't okay to carry on.  Sheesh!

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 7:07:44 AM EDT
[#10]
That's why I bought most of the ones The Prospector had when they were doing their fire sale.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Check The Battery Station

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top