Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:50:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Honestly you will probably have an easier time selling it on the local facebook gun pages
Mark it up 25% over what you think its worth, it will still sell
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is the best way to list ammo for sale?  I have .223, .308, 5.7 x 28, 7.62 x 39, 9mm and shotgun ammo...the ammo is from various manufactures and style, including a bunch of SS109 for .223.

I thought I would ask.

Honestly you will probably have an easier time selling it on the local facebook gun pages
Mark it up 25% over what you think its worth, it will still sell

Yup.  Funny thing is when you pair it up with a gun you get no hits.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#4]
You want to send me a list of stuff you are selling let me know
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#5]

UPDATE:  

I made it! And so did my 4 pelicans each packed to the gills.  I don't think I made friends with any of the baggage handlers, but all my toys are here and in one piece.  It was a fairly painless process after I had done all my homework and prepared myself for the trip.  The BF is driving through Canada and all our preparations and planning helped us out with that endeavor as well.  The BP told him that he was the most informed mover he had seen in a while.    He should be crossing into AK in a day or two.  I've started looking around Anchorage for a place and for every 4 listings I drive by there's about 1 that I would consider.  Does anyone commute from Eagle River?  I've been staying with the FIL in Palmer and while I was driving back after looking at a unit around 5:30 yesterday I encountered horrible traffic all the way down Tudor/Muldoon and it didn't let up until I was to the N. Eagle River exit off the Glenn.  If anyone in the Palmer/Eagle River/Anchorage area know of any good rentals in the sub $1,200 range that would suit a party of 2 that is safe please feel free to PM me. Or if anyone feels like getting together to shoot/BBQ/imbibe with some new fellow arfcommers let me know!

Cheers!

TL;DR new Alaskan. brought guns/ammo.  need house.

ETA: Also, I need a car (and a shrubbery, but nothing too fancy). Guess my handle no longer applies

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
UPDATE:  

I made it! And so did my 4 pelicans each packed to the gills.  I don't think I made friends with any of the baggage handlers, but all my toys are here and in one piece.  It was a fairly painless process after I had done all my homework and prepared myself for the trip.  The BF is driving through Canada and all our preparations and planning helped us out with that endeavor as well.  The BP told him that he was the most informed mover he had seen in a while.    He should be crossing into AK in a day or two.  I've started looking around Anchorage for a place and for every 4 listings I drive by there's about 1 that I would consider.  Does anyone commute from Eagle River?  I've been staying with the FIL in Palmer and while I was driving back after looking at a unit around 5:30 yesterday I encountered horrible traffic all the way down Tudor/Muldoon and it didn't let up until I was to the N. Eagle River exit off the Glenn.  If anyone in the Palmer/Eagle River/Anchorage area know of any good rentals in the sub $1,200 range that would suit a party of 2 that is safe please feel free to PM me. Or if anyone feels like getting together to shoot/BBQ/imbibe with some new fellow arfcommers let me know!

Cheers!

ETA: Also, I need a car (and a shrubbery, but nothing too fancy). Guess my handle no longer applies

View Quote

But it's my shrubbery!  I traded a herring for it.

Welcome to AK
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Welcome to AK

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

UPDATE:  

Cheers!

Welcome to AK

Thanks! It's great to finally be here.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
UPDATE:  

View Quote

Welcome.

4WD or AWD.  No, do not buy that super cheap great condition RWD pickup. That guy selling it just got here last year and finally managed to unclench from the steering wheel to sell it to some sucker newcomer. Subarus are popular. So are SUVs and pickups. Consider your commute and MPG before buying. Plus, everything gets shitty mileage in winter.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 1:17:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Welcome.

4WD or AWD.  No, do not buy that super cheap great condition pickup. That guy selling it just got here last year and finally managed to unclench from the steering wheel to sell it to some sucker newcomer. Subarus are popular. So are SUVs and pickups. Consider your commute and MPG before buying. Plus, everything gets shitty mileage in winter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
UPDATE:  

Welcome.

4WD or AWD.  No, do not buy that super cheap great condition pickup. That guy selling it just got here last year and finally managed to unclench from the steering wheel to sell it to some sucker newcomer. Subarus are popular. So are SUVs and pickups. Consider your commute and MPG before buying. Plus, everything gets shitty mileage in winter.

Yup.  Good all weather tires are awesome but everyone is split between all weathers or studs/blizzaks for winter.  Personally I run a set of Cooper ATRs year round and they work great.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 1:21:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Welcome.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

UPDATE:  

Welcome.

A Subaru would be my first choice.  I'm open to the CR-Vs, 4x4 rangers/tacomas/t-100s, a zuk of some sort, but definitely a gas saver of some flavor.  I moved up from Colorado and subi's are just as popular down there too.  I sold my "blackzj" before coming up and it had the full time AWD t-case and it did ok in the winter, but it was also a V8 and got crap mileage.  I've considered the AWD vans, but they're just getting too old and aren't reliable enough for me (there are literally 2 different Astro vans broke down on the side of the glenn between palmer and anchorage atm).   I've had my eye on CL for weeks now, and occasionally a real gem will pop up and then get deleted the next day (or later the same afternoon).  So I know there's some good ones out there, it's just a matter of staying on CL and jumping when they first show up.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 1:32:07 AM EDT
[#11]

myself and my namesake and my 686, which I suppose will be getting replaced soon also

eta: this is not a GD photo.  Alaska may be a big state, but I will find you....

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 3:44:10 AM EDT
[#12]
That's pretty funny. In about 6 months I went from an Outback to a CR-V to a WK (4.7l). Definitely the wrong way for MPG. And headroom.

I can point you to a couple great mechanics for Subes and Hondas. I still need to find one for the WK.

As for the 686, nothing wrong there. It's a little light, but get Double Tap or Corbon heavy solids and you'll be better off than most. Or consider the Model 69 if you want more bullet but the N frame is too large.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#13]
There were a couple nice lifted XJ's in Wasilla for sale just before I left last month if you're wanting to stick with the unibody's.

Have fun in AK! It was the best 6.5 years of my life so far and I'll be back...
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That's pretty funny. In about 6 months I went from an Outback to a CR-V to a WK (4.7l). Definitely the wrong way for MPG. And headroom.
I can point you to a couple great mechanics for Subes and Hondas. I still need to find one for the WK.
As for the 686, nothing wrong there. It's a little light, but get Double Tap or Corbon heavy solids and you'll be better off than most. Or consider the Model 69 if you want more bullet but the N frame is too large.
View Quote

Did you have a preference between the Outback and the CR-V?  I'll let you know what I get and you can send me the info on the mechanics.  

I really like the 69s.  We actually already have one, and I say "we" loosely because to be technical it's the BFs, but ya know, what's his is mine, ammirite?    We swapped on a pair of the X frame grips and it's much more pleasant to shoot, or rather somewhat less violent to shoot I suppose.  I don't know how folks carry 454s and 460s up here.  240gr 44s are just about the heaviest handgun cartridge I would really ever want to shoot more than once.  The FIL has a Redhawk Alaskan in 44 that I'd like to shoot side-by-side with the 69. I do love my 686.  She was one of the very first guns that I ever purchased.  Before I got my first gun, I always told everyone "I want a 357" and everyone always said "Oh, that's too much gun for a girl."  So naturally, being the stubborn lass that I am, I bought one post haste.  I can hit a paper plate at 50 yds with my 686.  That being said, I'm always looking for an excuse to add another horse to the stable.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

There were a couple nice lifted XJ's in Wasilla for sale just before I left last month if you're wanting to stick with the unibody's.

Have fun in AK! It was the best 6.5 years of my life so far and I'll be back...
View Quote
I have seen some good looking XJs online, but I don't think I'll have another one for a while.  I used to have a 93 XJ while I was in college and for all the hell that I gave that thing it managed to survive, and then it went on to my little brother (who I am fairly certain never did an oil change), and theeennnnnn went on to be a friend's rock crawler.  My last ZJ was perfect for me, it could go anywhere I would want to take it with 31s and a budget boost, I could sleep in the back comfortably with the seats laid down, it had plenty of room for groceries (sammich supplies and whatnot). The gas mileage was garbage though. I plan on doing a lot of traveling/exploring this summer, and I don't want to spend a fortune on fuel to get there.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did you have a preference between the Outback and the CR-V?  I'll let you know what I get and you can send me the info on the mechanics.  

I really like the 69s.  We actually already have one, and I say "we" loosely because to be technical it's the BFs, but ya know, what's his is mine, ammirite?    We swapped on a pair of the X frame grips and it's much more pleasant to shoot, or rather somewhat less violent to shoot I suppose.  I don't know how folks carry 454s and 460s up here.  240gr 44s are just about the heaviest handgun cartridge I would really ever want to shoot more than once.  The FIL has a Redhawk Alaskan in 44 that I'd like to shoot side-by-side with the 69. I do love my 686.  She was one of the very first guns that I ever purchased.  Before I got my first gun, I always told everyone "I want a 357" and everyone always said "Oh, that's too much gun for a girl."  So naturally, being the stubborn lass that I am, I bought one post haste.  I can hit a paper plate at 50 yds with my 686.  That being said, I'm always looking for an excuse to add another horse to the stable.

View Quote

They were older, 4 and 3 generations old. Love Subes, but they have nothing tall. The Forester (current gen) is finally almost the right size, but not tall enough. I had engine issues with the 2.5l; they keep saying they've fixed the issues and something keeps rearing its head about 60,000 miles into their lives. Seals, valves, whatever. I gave up. Mileage was never great, but you can't beat the AWD without going to something with lockers. Friend has a last gen Outback and they love it. It is much bigger than mine was, but no taller off the ground. And the Outback has long overhangs so poor angles; while the AWD is reasonably capable the vehicle is designed more for traction than offroading.

First gen CR-V was awesome for a cute-ute. Lots of room, did everything it was supposed to very well. Went places we probably shouldn't have taken it. It is a Civic, so other than some light offroading don't do what you wouldn't do with a Civic. Don't tow with one. "AWD" is FWD with itty-bitty driveshaft to the rear wheels 'on-demand'. Newer ones get great reviews, but I have no personal experience. If they made a 110-120% size with up-to-date safety I would be all over it. But now they are rounded and swoopy looking, not square and roomy and functional.

I wanted newer bigger safer, and almost bit on a current-gen used Forester. I was trying to like it but no matter how it measures it just doesn't sit like a ute; it sits like a wagon with an extra inch of ground clearance. You sit down into it, while you get (slightly) up into a CR-V. Then I found the WK on CL. I should have considered the mileage, but I like it otherwise.

Also check Alaskaslist. It might help if we knew what price range or years you were interested in. There are advantages to new or certified used. It costs mo' money, but warranties can be good. OTOH it is nice to have no monthly payment. $1,000 is different than $25,000. Etc.......

Keep the 686. Get some 180-200 solids from DoubleTap or Corbon.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
UPDATE:  

Cheers!

View Quote

Good Deal on making it! I'm going to end up bringing what I can with me as the movers say no guns (Corporate policy paying for the movers... ) Just going to have to ship them to myself later or fly with them at Thanksgiving.

My wife and I were successful 2 weeks ago and had an offer accepted on a house. Looked at 13 houses in one day along with a few others on different days. We bought up in Eagle River, so hopping that the traffic isn't worse than when we tried it one day at 5pm. Took us 45min to get from my office to Eagle River. I know will be longer/worse in the winter.

I'll be up next week for 9 days working, so I'm also up for meeting any arfcomers for dinner/drinks/bbq ect, give me a shout! Wont be bringing any firearms along for the work trip, but a meeting at a range is always good.

I've found the Birchwood Recreation & Shooting Park website, and seems like a good place. Any comments/opinions about the place? I do also shoot trap/skeet/sporting clays so that side interest me as well.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top