Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2015 8:26:10 PM EDT
Anybody in the Anchorage/Valley area know of a fencing supply company that sells split rail fencing without having to have them install it? Looking at fencing in some of our acreage.

Everything I seem to find on google is for the service of having them build your fences, but couldn't find split rail supplies at places like Lowes, Home Depot, or SBS.

Is my google-fu weak?

Thanks for any info in advance.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
AAA  Fence will sell you just supplies..call and ask for bill tell him mike H sent you..be forewarned they are going to be spendy..I thought home depot or lowes could special order it too...
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AAA  Fence will sell you just supplies..call and ask for bill tell him mike H sent you..be forewarned they are going to be spendy..I thought home depot or lowes could special order it too...
View Quote

Right on, thanks for the info. I didn't see anything like what I was looking for on either of their websites, but when I stopped by the Home Depot in Wasilla, a guy there said he believes split rails are something Lowes keeps seasonally. I'll for sure give AAA a call. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:29:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Right on, thanks for the info. I didn't see anything like what I was looking for on either of their websites, but when I stopped by the Home Depot in Wasilla, a guy there said he believes split rails are something Lowes keeps seasonally. I'll for sure give AAA a call. Thanks again!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad to help, and I would go lowe's first if it was me....if you plan on installing it yourself, you can rent a post hole digger from united rentals...its well worth it. I can explain how to do it if you need ...
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:18:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Glad to help, and I would go lowe's first if it was me....if you plan on installing it yourself, you can rent a post hole digger from united rentals...its well worth it. I can explain how to do it if you need ...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the offer, I'm good on the how to. My last vacation ended up being a "build my mom a fence" vacation, so I got to practice on hers. Probably what got me to thinking about fences initially too, come to think of it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:25:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Well if this happens in April, I'm down to help. I work for beer and finger fucking clone rifles.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well if this happens in April, I'm down to help. I work for beer and finger fucking clone rifles.
View Quote

Thanks for the offer, friend. I think I've got my labor pool squared away (properly bribed with booze and pizza). That said, totally down for a clone/group/HTF shoot. Sure is looking nice outside, lately. Well, for the most part. Right now it's beautiful over the Elmendorf side, anyway.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#8]
The state is tearing down the old sourdough hotel on government hill.  Out back they have some split rail fence that is going to likely end up in the trash.  Call the demo contractor CEI (central environmental inc) to see if they will let you have it.

It is currently standing.  Better hurry though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top