Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2015 3:24:45 PM EDT
I don't have an official date yet, but I'll be transferring up to Anchorage in a month or 2.

I'll get a move package for work, but I'm not sure yet on their policies for moving firearms and ammunition. I saw jerrmy's post about moving ammo from AK to Colorado, so that will be helpful if I need to transport the ammo my self and for firearms I can always store them at my parents place back in Iowa before mailing to myself in Anchorage once my wife and I get a place.

What are some important things I need to know ahead of time, or do before moving up?
Any suggestions to make the transition easier?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Would love to read some thoughts on this. My family and I are moving up to Anchorage next month. Are you driving or flying?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Anchorage is a city, and similar enough to any other   with a quarter million  population that no " transition" pertains.

The only thing comes to mind is to begin working on a plan to get OUT of Anchorage  as soon as possible.

Once you've  accomplished  your exit from the city,  I  welcome you to ALASKA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top