[#1]
UAF,
What is your mil rate up there?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Pay attention to what is coming down the pipe

~snippage

Be prepared, taxes (mil rate) will be going up.  If not this year, then next year.  This is in addition to the increased valuation of the property that seems to come annually.  

If you rent, you still pay property tax, its just in your rent payment
View Quote

So many people do not understand this.

What burns me about school bonds is they throw things into a bond package that do not belong there, from patching potholes in the parking lot to simple renovations (new paint or carpeting).  I know, this is so the state picks up a big portion of the tab instead of the local government.

The local voters have massive leverage over the rest of the state through matching funds.  One of the big selling points for a recent ~$50 million Matsu bond package was the state would cover most of it.  Imagine, 10,000 households voting in bonds worth a cool half-million per friggin' household with NO chance of paying for it alone.

These packages come up every 3-5 years, it seems.  Those turkeys who put those packages together must high-five each other when they pass with 51% of the vote.  A higher approval would mean they screwed up putting the package together.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:38:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It varies in the borough, but last year my mill rate was 15.122
Of course the assholes raised my property value nearly $46,000 last year as well
This year my property value only went up nearly $19,000
It is getting very close to what it was appraised at when we bought it in 2013.  My last house never really came near appraised value in the 10+ years we owned it

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
UAF,
What is your mil rate up there?

It varies in the borough, but last year my mill rate was 15.122
Of course the assholes raised my property value nearly $46,000 last year as well
This year my property value only went up nearly $19,000
It is getting very close to what it was appraised at when we bought it in 2013.  My last house never really came near appraised value in the 10+ years we owned it

15.1 sounds pretty good. We have been at 20.0 for over 20 years! I do see where your coming from though!

Until that day,
Darkop
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top