Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2014 3:05:54 AM EDT
I'm looking to set up a "NFA" trust or at least find a knowledge AK lawyer to review my trust paper work for any errors. I was hoping to find an attorney in Juneau but anywhere in Alaska so long as they would work with me via email etc. would be great. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 3:57:00 AM EDT
[#1]
John Coffman set up my NFA trust. He was recommended to me by Alaska Tactical.  Great guy to work with.

http://www.alaskanestatetrusts.com/index.html
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info! The website definitely looks like they do a lot of trusts and it's nice to hear they did a "NFA" trust for you so they should know what they are doing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#3]
John Coffman also set up my NFA Trust. I highly recommend him as well. He's a very friendly and professional guy.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Yale Metzger.

I don't think Coffman is even in Alaska; he's not listed on the Bar Association member list.

Interesting; so Coffman isn't a lawyer.

ETA: buy what is in stock. And if you want to get in before 41P, start soon and budget for more than you think you want. .22LR, .45, 7.62 and a couple SBRs would be a good start.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:39:33 AM EDT
[#5]
He's been down in Seattle for a while due to health issues.  I'm no expert on Trusts, but clearly there is no requirement to be physically present in a state to draw up the papers there. He is obviously well versed in Alaska Trust law.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:41:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I've heard that 41P has been pushed back to July 2015?
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 3:34:20 AM EDT
[#7]
John had health issues
He was speaking in Florida on NFA and trust.
He has done mine and several friends of mine.
I won't speak for him, he can do that on his own.
He is a wonderful intellectual man.

I do know that he went directly ( flew there in person) to speak with the NFA branch.
I'm not usually impressed with many people, this is one of them.
How many people do you know that will write a trust that has been to Virginia?
YMMV
Best money I've spent.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#8]
41P ?
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 4:10:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
41P ?
View Quote

ATF 41P is the new change to the NFA rules that Obama is pushing through requiring that All persons in a trust obtain CLEO approval and fingerprints.  This of course essentially negates the whole purpose of establishing an NFA Trust in the first place. The nnew rule has already been through its initial public comment period,  and is pending implementation.  At first it was supposed to be mid 2014, then January 2015. But now I'm hearing anywhere from March to July 2015.

Everything I hear is that applications submitted before the change is officially implemented are grandfathered under the existing rule. Thus,  it's better to get as much as you can register now before the change.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top