Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2014 1:56:57 AM EDT
I am new to the area and have been trying to find some decent spots for grouse, ruffs in particular. So far I have been to Skinny Dicks, the Chena Hot springs area and on main post and have only found and shot one ruff behind Skinny Dicks. I hear bird pops are down but I know there has to be a place where I can hunt more of these tasty birds. At this point I am at a loss however. If anyone can point me to a place that has been decent this year I would be very grateful. If you are looking for a fellow Arfcommer to hunt with also I would be more than happy to come out and hunt.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Try your luck on the Steese Highway.  Drop off the backside of Cleary Summit and hunt along the Chatanika River.  I've had reasonable luck along the river.  There are man pull outs along the way.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try your luck on the Steese Highway.  Drop off the backside of Cleary Summit and hunt along the Chatanika River.  I've had reasonable luck along the river.  There are man pull outs along the way.
View Quote

Man pull outs, yuck...
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Yowza......many pull outs, many pull outs was what I tried to say.  Now go enjoy that grouse hunting while I try to clear that mental image from my mind :(
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive shot a few around Murpy Dome.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw a bunch of them up by Wickersham Dome (mile marker 28 or so on the Elliott Hiighway) in September when I was Moose hunting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top