Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2014 9:56:16 PM EDT
So our only Class 3 in Valdez is not here anymore.  I need to find a place to buy a can.  Preferably Saker 7.62.  Anyway, I would prefer to find a dealer with them in stock, to speed up the transfer process.  Anyone know stores with cans in stock in the Anchorage/Wasilla/Fairbanks area?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:21:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Alaska Tactical, I think Matsu Tactical soon or already, there'll be others
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:24:36 AM EDT
[#2]
In Jail - yes

In Stock - no
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:28:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats what I am asking, in stock.  Anyone could order one, but I dont want to wait 2 years for 2 transfers to go through.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:29:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:41:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check with Viper
View Quote

THIS

When I get around to getting my first can I'll be going through him as well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:07:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Color me confused, who is this Viper?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#8]
"speed" and "NFA" are two things that should never be used in the same sentence....
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"speed" and "NFA" are two things that should never be used in the same sentence....
View Quote

Its a lot faster if the dealer already has it in stock.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#10]
R&M Sporting is the only Alaska dealer I know of that stocks Silencerco, but then most of the NFA dealers up here don't advertise. Viper may have a warehouse full of them, and he is a great dealer.

The last time I heard, R&M had sold their last in-stock Saker 7.62. But that was a month or more ago, so probably has more in stock or at least on order.

I am a R&M customer, and a happy one. And yes, I did buy what was in stock. And just bought another that was in stock. Have had two friends buy from R&M; one bought a Saker 7.62, and the other bought two non-stocked cans from other manufacturers.

FYI, R&M does not take credit cards.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Just some gun peddler in anchorage

[email protected]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Color me confused, who is this Viper?

Just some gun peddler in anchorage

[email protected]

He has vicious dogs that guard his stash of ammo too...
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:36:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Thats what I am asking, in stock.  Anyone could order one, but I dont want to wait 2 years for 2 transfers to go through.
View Quote

Why two years?  A local dealer can get your can in about a month and a half, perhaps less, then you are going to have to wait the next 10 months no matter what, even if it's already in stock.  If the eForms kick in for F3's and F4's, it could be a matter of weeks at that point.

If you buy from http://www.silencershop.com, they can transfer it to your local SOT.  They have a lot of stock and they make the paperwork hassle a minimum.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I would be the one they are talking about. I do not have any on hand. It would not take 2 years to get one to you though. Dealer to dealer transfers are A LOT faster then dealer to individual/trust. Some of the places mentioned here charge retail on their cans. I do not. Send me a PM if you can't find anybody with one on hand.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks everyone, I guess some people dont understand sarcasm.  I didnt literally mean 2 years.  If it is not in stock, then the transfer to the dealer adds 2-3 months to the wait, before my wait time even begins.  That is why I wanted to see if there was one in stock.

Thanks for the help all.

ETA its a pipe dream to think that F4s on efile are ever coming back online.  They are not.  I predict all of efile is going to be going down soon again.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:03:53 AM EDT
[#15]
It's not a 2-3 month wait, it's more like a month and a half or less.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Also good thing is that Viper lives right next to the range and will let you play with "his" cans if he is around and feels like heading to the range (AKA your new can that is in jail)... you just gotta provide him enough beer and Arizona ice tea to keep him drunk while you are shooting.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
Depends on who gets the paperwork. I have had a different person do each one of my last 6 form 3's that were approved. One took 2 weeks, some took 3 months. Im waiting on 16 post samples that im coming up on 3 months. I'd rather tell somebody the longer time period and then get it back early and have them happy then tell them it will take 2 weeks like the one form and then they are waiting 2-3 months and be pissed off. Either way the NFA game takes patience.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:57:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Also good thing is that Viper lives right next to the range and will let you play with "his" cans if he is around and feels like heading to the range (AKA your new can that is in jail)... you just gotta provide him enough beer and Arizona ice tea to keep him drunk while you are shooting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Arizona at the range, beer after. What am i saying. Im my old age im not too fond of the beer anymore..

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Viper I need to get this done.  

Damn it!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Depends on who gets the paperwork. I have had a different person do each one of my last 6 form 3's that were approved. One took 2 weeks, some took 3 months. Im waiting on 16 post samples that im coming up on 3 months. I'd rather tell somebody the longer time period and then get it back early and have them happy then tell them it will take 2 weeks like the one form and then they are waiting 2-3 months and be pissed off. Either way the NFA game takes patience.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly, much can depend on the examiner.  We used to rate and post feedback on them so you could see who was good, and who was an oxygen thief.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I had one spot left in my Eforms draft folder. Form 4 sent 10/17, approved 10/20.

I should have auctioned the damn spot off.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:56:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I had one spot left in my Eforms draft folder. Form 4 sent 10/17, approved 10/20.

View Quote

I would have bought it!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:46:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy moly man, if I recall correctly, didn't you just have another stamp clear in like one or two days? You really should play the lottery.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:56:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Holy moly man, if I recall correctly, didn't you just have another stamp clear in like one or two days? You really should play the lottery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It was 6 days for the last one.

The deal was that i created two form 4's in E-file and they were in the draft section. When they shut eforms down they were still in that folder. After a while you were able to submit the draft ones. Im assuming they went to the head of the line since form 1's are taking about 38 days. The only thing quicker i have had done waswhen form 2's and 3's were up and i got one back in about a day.

Funny they can do these fast but im waiting over 5 months on 16 form 3's for guns that are actually for me.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:02:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The deal was that i created two form 4's in E-file and they were in the draft section. When they shut eforms down they were still in that folder. After a while you were able to submit the draft ones. Im assuming they went to the head of the line since form 1's are taking about 38 days. The only thing quicker i have had done waswhen form 2's and 3's were up and i got one back in about a day.

Funny they can do these fast but im waiting over 5 months on 16 form 3's for guns that are actually for me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's weird how inconsistent they are. I've just learned to accept the wait. My current pending form 4 is about 3 1/2 months in, but I'm not holding my breath. That said, that was a clever move on your part, I wonder how much somebody would have paid?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:32:39 AM EDT
[#26]
+1 for Reid at R&M Sporting in Wasilla.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top