Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2014 8:07:05 PM EDT
My youngest nephew is coming to Ft. Wainwright in a few weeks.

If you see a freckle-faced kid in soldier jammies- that looks like he's too young to wear'em- at Sportsman's or Frontier Outfitters, that'll likely be my nephew John. Ask him if he has an Uncle Frank and watch the look on his face.

I'm so proud of the the kid I could just bust... and a little jealous that he's in Alaska... which he asked for because of my stories.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 3:38:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 3:44:53 AM EDT
[#2]
He joined the Army, not the Marines?    It's all good.  I'm in town if he wants to visit and shoot some full auto or anything else for that matter.  I'm still blissfully unemployed so my schedule is free.  Maybe we can rustle up some bears or moose for him to meet.  Yesterday there was a Moose and a calf walking across the Cushman range backstop.  Ballsy!  They must know the regs on season dates.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:42:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He joined the Army, not the Marines?    It's all good.  I'm in town if he wants to visit and shoot some full auto or anything else for that matter.  I'm still blissfully unemployed so my schedule is free.  Maybe we can rustle up some bears or moose for him to meet.  Yesterday there was a Moose and a calf walking across the Cushman range backstop.  Ballsy!  They must know the regs on season dates.
View Quote
We were banging the 300yd gong with my FAL at Birchwood and 3 walked right in front of us at about 25yards

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks, Mike. His dad was a soldier and I think I mighta scared him offa joining the Marines.

Quoted:
Frank
Tell him if he needs anything to get in touch with me
If you need my number again let me know

Thanks, Chris.

I may need the address of an FFL to ship his .243 rifle once he figures out what he has to do to keep it on post.

Once he gets settled, I'll let y'all know what's up and maybe you can meet him.

Gotta love the AKHTF...
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Well... he's there by now. I'm waiting to hear what his first impression is.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why the crap is it so cold in summer?  Only 60f out?  These people are insane
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope... I just heard from him. "I LIKE IT SO FAR!" (I knew the little shit would)

I told him to call me in a week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top