Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2014 5:09:13 AM EDT
I don't even have words for this one.  Kind of curious why the car was "sponsored by..." though

Dammit I hit the edit button instead of the quote button
Sorry Polar, please repost your picture

Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#1]
That car just screams " look at me!!! I'm that guy you teased in middle school!!!"
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
P-I-M-Ping!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Troopers have an escalade that they take to the palmer fair.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#6]
GCI, Anchorage Chrysler, and Alaska Safety, says APD.  But your child can name the car!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#7]
UAA security has Chargers too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

UAA has a police force not a security force same with UAF.
These cars are recruiting tools usually under grants or gifts from the dealerships. No reason for people to get their feelings hurt. APD needs to get more people but its hard to attract good applicants after Sullivan has done everything he can to make working there a complete hell.
Pat
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#9]
not impressed....

Looks like a huge waste of my tax dollars!!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
not impressed....

View Quote

I know,   they could probably shoot 40,000 dogs for what that  car cost.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Someone seriously thinks that this will help recruit young people into a career in law enforcement. What a joke.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:59:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
APD needs to get more people but its hard to attract good applicants after Sullivan has done everything he can to make working there a complete hell.

Pat
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

APD needs to get more people but its hard to attract good applicants after Sullivan has done everything he can to make working there a complete hell.

Pat
My high school classmate was the traffic supervisor and was pulling down more than twice what the mayor makes (I know because they published his and the mayor's earnings in the paper).

So I am not exactly sympathetic for the hardships these public employees call "hell" especially when they retire after 20 years with incomes of like $200,000+ for the rest of their lives I have to pay for, on top of Social Security (which I will never collect), and then whatever's left over from those taxes I get to save for my own retirement.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:39:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

My high school classmate was the traffic supervisor and was pulling down more than twice what the mayor makes (I know because they published his and the mayor's earnings in the paper).  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pat

So I am not exactly sympathetic for the hardships these public employees call "hell" especially when they retire after 20 years with incomes of like $200,000+ for the rest of their lives I have to pay for, on top of Social Security (which I will never collect), and then whatever's left over from those taxes I get to save for my own retirement.

This

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pat

He had to work a lot of overtime to do that. Unless you think people should work for free past 40 hours your story has no merit. Also no one is retiring with 200K. He would have to make more than 400K in a year to get that. (45% of your high three at 20 not 100%)  Besides the mayor is not risking his life. I know when the last APD officer was shot can't think of any Anchorage mayor who has been shot. Besides if your own job sucks in the retirement benefits area do something about it unionize and negotiate for a better deal. Don't be crying that someone else gets a better deal and try to screw them over. I am sick and tired of the conservative movements belief that public sector workers should be treated as second class citizens. At the end of the day you get what you pay for and if you want minimum wage cops you will get a minimum wage level of service.
Pat
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
not impressed....

View Quote

LOL yea because as an Alaska resident you pay so much in taxes! HA HA HA.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
not impressed....

What difference does it make if we pay NJ / NY tax amounts or AK taxes / oil cash ? still a waste .
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#18]
You know that "alaskans dont pay taxes" diatribe is tired and old . WE DO pay taxes , or surcharges as they like to call them. We pay taxes on vehicle registration , etc and
We PAY PROPERTY TAX and in Los Anchorage that goes up every single year to the point that even with 2 incomes and no bills its hard to find a decent house in a decent neighborhood.
I also pay FEDERAL taxes which APD and other agencies all over apply for grants which is OUR MONEY being given away by the feds ...and while I'm bithcing about APD , YOU ARE NOT MILITARY , dont refer to
me as a "civilian" you may refer to be as "veteran" or "Staff Sergeant " ...
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:14:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You know that "alaskans dont pay taxes" diatribe is tired and old . WE DO pay taxes , or surcharges as they like to call them. We pay taxes on vehicle registration , etc and
We PAY PROPERTY TAX and in Los Anchorage that goes up every single year to the point that even with 2 incomes and no bills its hard to find a decent house in a decent neighborhood.
I also pay FEDERAL taxes which APD and other agencies all over apply for grants which is OUR MONEY being given away by the feds ...and while I'm bithcing about APD , YOU ARE NOT MILITARY , dont refer to
me as a "civilian" you may refer to be as "veteran" or "Staff Sergeant " ...
View Quote

Alaskans are the least taxed citizens in the US. But fear not if prop one does not pass there will most likely be a state income tax.  ALSO WHO THE HELL SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE MILITARY!  I am not APD and I have not called you a civilian. So get your panties un waded and stop trying to make this a cop vs military thing. Its obvious you hate cops. I happen to have a lot of respect for my friends who are vets or active duty.
Pat
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:15:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What difference does it make if we pay NJ / NY tax amounts or AK taxes / oil cash ? still a waste .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
not impressed....

If it helps with recruitment and with community policing it is not a waste.
Pat
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Nice try , Don't pretend you know anything about me or my point of views .Not one place did I say I hated cops , NICE TRY BAITER , You don't have the exclusive membership to the club ..LOTS of us including me have friends and family who are LEO's . and want them safe and home at the end of their shift. You go ahead and blindly believe that they dont droll over wasting "grant money" , on things like this and MRAPS ...I'm done dealing with you . Not worth the effort at this point, you walk lock step into the abyss droning about "for the good of the people" & "taxes are good"
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nice try , Don't pretend you know anything about me or my point of views .Not one place did I say I hated cops , NICE TRY BAITER , You don't have the exclusive membership to the club ..LOTS of us including me have friends and family who are LEO's . and want them safe and home at the end of their shift. You go ahead and blindly believe that they dont droll over wasting "grant money" , on things like this and MRAPS ...I'm done dealing with you . Not worth the effort at this point, you walk lock step into the abyss droning about "for the good of the people" & "taxes are good"
View Quote

You want us safe but don't want us to have the money for equipment and training to make that possible. Nothing is free and taxes pay for it.  Where did you get the military argument in this at all. No one in this thread called anyone a civilian. Sounds like you are wearing your feelings on your shirt sleeve. I know plenty about your points of view from seeing your posts over the years.
Pat
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#23]
OP Request
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top