Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2014 7:33:04 PM EDT
I'm in need of someone with base access who can do me a solid. I'm working with a mission organization and we need self rising corn flour, and the bx is the only place here that has it. I'm out of the AF and my ID is expired. Any current/retired servicemembers in town with some free time?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You do know that if a person gets caught buying items on Base that is not for their own use, that they chance loosing base shopping privileges?  Most of us would not even chance that!!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 10:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You do know that if a person gets caught buying items on Base that is not for their own use, that they chance loosing base shopping privileges?  Most of us would not even chance that!!!!
View Quote

losing base shopping privileges for buying some self rising corn flour... doubtful.  

Did the OP get his flour?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't get it, but we improvised.  Sorry, wasn't aware that there were actually regulations against buying for someone off base, wouldn't have asked if I knew.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 1:28:17 AM EDT
[#5]
If you havent been there yet, try Red Apple in The View. They often have stuff no one else in town carries.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:31:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Didn't get it, but we improvised.  Sorry, wasn't aware that there were actually regulations against buying for someone off base, wouldn't have asked if I knew.
View Quote

Abuse is one thing... buying a bag of flour for somebody that they can't find off base, that's another.  I was once told, "don't do anything your career can't handle."  I think my career and BX privileges would have been fine.  

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Abuse is one thing... buying a bag of flour for somebody that they can't find off base, that's another.  I was once told, "don't do anything your career can't handle."  I think my career and BX privileges would have been fine.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would be surprised at how quickly folks get torqued up over perceived PX abuses.  I agree this seems pretty insignificant, but could potentially land you in hot water if it was investigated.  It probably isn’t worth losing access privileges to the PX over a bag of flour.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but you are a DOORGUMMER on the space shuttle..   LOL.
I doubt that IG could bother you if you bought and GAVE away some flour. else every single canned food drive in town would be suspect..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top